Super tec reason my motor is junk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always run parts master oil and I recently switched to Super TEC oil for the cost savings. After the switch, after 2 oil changes my chevy 350 5.7 developed MAJOR oil pressure issues. I am really thinking it is the cheap super tec oil that caused the issues. Is this what ruined my engine???

Not enough details.
1. Details on exact engine/vehicle, type of duty, age
2. What kind of oil pressure problems. Idiot light, oil pressure gage, engine noise or lock up.
3. Oil and filter used.
4. Miles on engine

No way, Jose.

Let me ask you this, what specifically about the supertec oil do you think caused low oil pressure?

Have you verified your oil pressure is actually low?

I highly doubt Supertech caused your oil pressure issues. As was stated in one of your other threads, you ran the truck with no oil in it. This had to contribute more to your oil pressure issues than Supertech ever could.
I only ran it for maybe one minute tops.

I thought SUPERTEC had no additives in it? Wouldn't that cause it maybe to get worn out faster? If my motor blows up I think I should be okay because Insurance should cover it.
OK, which exactly did you use? Like providing people with details. Is it SuperTech, or Super TEC or SUPERTEC? No one owes you an answer here, so help us out.

Not enough details.
1. Details on exact engine/vehicle, type of duty, age
2. What kind of oil pressure problems. Idiot light, oil pressure gage, engine noise or lock up.
3. Oil and filter used.
4. Miles on engine
Truck was originally form Mexico, so the real miles are unknown.
The psi was tested and at warm idle is 3-6
I ran 10w-30 SUPERTEC with a wix 51061

I thought SUPERTEC had no additives in it? Wouldn't that cause it maybe to get worn out faster? If my motor blows up I think I should be okay because Insurance should cover it.
SuperTech has additives, the sources your getting your info from are wrong. What insurance do you have that covers a blown engine?

Last edited:
Truck was originally form Mexico, so the real miles are unknown.
The psi was tested and at warm idle is 3-6
I ran 10w-30 SUPERTEC with a wix 51061
3-6 psi at idle is low, what was the psi when the engine was at full operating temperature at 2,000 rpm?

All Supertech oil has additives unless you buy that non-detergent straight 30 grade, they likely use one of the same generic off the shelf add packages from a major chemical company that other generic blenders use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back