Subaru Outback Wilderness

LOL, I highly doubt it is the development that required Subaru to have 5 different CVT's, but the general quality of CVT. The company does not make such a mess unless there is an actual issue. Development of transmissions goes through generations, not fluid updates in a single generation of vehicles. This is not development. This is the cheapest possible patch.

I rarely hear of CVT issues and when I do, it’s usually a solenoid issue, not a CVT failure.

I love the CVT in my FXT. I actually came from an STI and was expecting to hate it. It’s pretty impressive. If you haven’t driven a modern Subie with an HTCVT then, respectfully, you’re simply biased for the sake of being biased.

I rarely hear of CVT issues and when I do, it’s usually a solenoid issue, not a CVT failure.

I love the CVT in my FXT. I actually came from an STI and was expecting to hate it. It’s pretty impressive. If you haven’t driven a modern Subie with an HTCVT then, respectfully, you’re simply biased for the sake of being biased.
LOL yes, I have driven Subaru's with HTCVT.
It is like that half of an inch of snow the fell few years back. You can never remember what was it.

It‘ll be hard to tell, with her rear-view mirror so far away.;)

Seriously, what about this car screams feminine to you guys? :unsure:

Actually, nothing seems feminine about it at all. Probably the reason why you see so many female couples drive a Subaru.

Whats your problem with the HTCVT, again?
Besides being absolutely dull, annoying (that would be a description of every Subaru today, not just mechanical part, minus STi with manual)? And that dealership might mix fluids (which happens)? Not sure. I would never buy a vehicle like that, so cannot tell from ownership experience.

Right, as we all know, performance is defined in the lifted wagon segment.

for S&Gs which model/year did you drive?

I am not sure about "younger" technology. Audi had CVT in 90's.
Subaru had it in the 1989 Justy. They develop and manufacture all their CVT's. I really am a fan of the CVT. Have it in my '18 Forester and '19 Crosstrek.

Besides being absolutely dull, annoying (that would be a description of every Subaru today, not just mechanical part, minus STi with manual)? And that dealership might mix fluids (which happens)? Not sure. I would never buy a vehicle like that, so cannot tell from ownership experience.
I'm guessing you have not driven the ForesterXT :)

Last edited:
Subaru had it in the 1989 Justy. They develop and manufacture all their CVT's. I really am a fan of the CVT. Have it in my '18 Forester and '19 Crosstrek.

I'm guessing you have not driven the ForesterXT :)
I did. Again, anything except STi manual. And even tbat is of course of I could pass that interior.

Right, as we all know, performance is defined in the lifted wagon segment.

for S&Gs which model/year did you drive?
What performance you are talking about? My Sienna? Sienna is POS. Does its job for family hauling, doesn’t have annoying CVT. But, Subaru or Toyota? Same POS, different package. Don’t understand your point? Subaru is proud of making boring vehicles. Actually they advertise that every night. So, not sure why you mentioning performance?

Back