Stupid New Car Names and Editions !

I can't make this up - when I saw the title of this post, I thought Kia, Hyundai before I ever clicked on it. Such a goofy company in every aspect.

When the Acura brand was introduced, the Honda rep was explaining that the brand was Acura "as in 'accurate'", the model was Integra " as in 'integrate'". A journalist then asked him if the next model was going to be called "Masturba".

I have no problem with that name, personally. I think it's as good of a name as any.

I was just responding to your comment about people who have visited Telluride. It's a popular ski destination, for sure, but otherwise?

Ever visited a decent ski town in the summer? Much lower lodging rates for excellent properties. If you are into outdoor activities, the usual applies: Hiking, Mountain Biking, Camping, Four Wheeling, Fly Fishing, Cycling, Golf, etc... Followed up with what are typically good restaurants and bars.

We are partial to Steamboat, but this same formula is typical at a lot of ski towns...

I can't make this up - when I saw the title of this post, I thought Kia, Hyundai before I ever clicked on it. Such a goofy company in every aspect.

Yea-but those goofy companies back their goofy vehicles with a 100,000 mile warranty.

And you save $5,000.00 grand over the Toyo/Honda equivalent. Real goofy......

Consistent on the BITOG Hyundai/Kia hate tho-you are not alone.

Didn't read all the posts, but...
Palisade -- trying so very hard to be something it's really not. They might as well have named it the Casablanca.
Toureg -- the name is not really that bad, I just hate it for some reason.
Superfast -- really?
La Ferrari -- really?
Mustang Cobra Terminator -- I bet it has a hairy chest and gold chains too.

Yea-but those goofy companies back their goofy vehicles with a 100,000 mile warranty.

And you save $5,000.00 grand over the Toyo/Honda equivalent. Real goofy......

Consistent on the BITOG Hyundai/Kia hate tho-you are not alone.
Yeah but you know the reason they had to back them with 100k warranties was because they fell apart. You don't see companies that manufacture quality vehicles do that. Chrysler probably started it with their 7/70k warranties when their cars were bad.

There were plenty of good names back in the day. Impala. Javelin, Toronado.

Those outnumbered the bad ones like Crown Victoria. ( I’ll hide now )

I love Chevy Novas. In fact, building a '66 or '67 would be a freakin' blast!
I think GM tried to sell a "Nova" in Mexico.
But in Spanish, "No va" means, "He doesn't go."

Nothing, NOTHING will beat the Subaru B9 Tribeca.

Someone got a nice bonus coming up with that name 😏

I love Chevy Novas. In fact, building a '66 or '67 would be a freakin' blast!
I think GM tried to sell a "Nova" in Mexico.
But in Spanish, "No va" means, "He doesn't go."
That's pretty much an urban legend. Didn't happen.

Threads like this amuse me. It's the same on "funny tires names". Like "Double Coin" tires are funny but "Goodyear" isn't. It's all about what we grew up hearing. Ford takes names form Ponies-"Bronco, Mustang, Pinto". Yea-that makes sense-especially Bronco if you look up the definition.

And then there is the Fusion. Fusion of what? Asian and American Foods......

AT least names like Colorado, Sedona, Tuscon, Telluride and Santa Fe conjures up memories of beautiful places if you have been lucky enough to travel to those destinations.

We all know the origin-but standing on it's own it's a stupid name. If his last name was "Smith" it would be "SMITH TIRE". That was back in the day when you founded a business-it was common to name it your family name. Today-we have computer generated names and then market, research and focus groups are contacted before deciding on a name. "Lexus" and "Infiniti" are good examples.

Last edited:
Back