Stupid New Car Names and Editions !

Truthfully I can’t stand car names that are named after landmarks, such as cities, states, and famous famous roads. They seem so tacky to me.

Names I hate;

GMC Denali
Chevy Colorado
Chevy Malibu
Chevy Bel Air
Chevy Tahoe
Chevy Scottsdale
Chevy Cheyenne
Hyundai Santa Fe
Kia Sedona
Kia Telluride
Etc...

This is just a short list.

Another; 'Sport' or 'S' on something that is anything but... Pickups, SUV's, Econoboxes.

I had a Range Rover Sport. Was it extremely agile for its size and vehicle type? Yes. Was there anything 'Sport' about it and its' 5K lbs base curb weight? No.

Another; 'Sport' or 'S' on something that is anything but... Pickups, SUV's, Econoboxes.

I had a Range Rover Sport. Was it extremely agile for its size and vehicle type? Yes. Was there anything 'Sport' about it and its' 5K lbs base curb weight? No.
Doesn't make sense on fast cars either. There's the E63 AMG and then the E63 AMG S.

A lot of them sound like the marketers came up with them after they got home from work and had a few drinks. Signature Series. Black Edition. Sounds like booze. Ferrari LaFerrari. That's just lazy. I can only think of milk and cheese when I see a Buick Lucerne.

My all-time favorite would have to be the Harley Davidson Edition F-150. It sounds like it would come standard with a bike in the bed. How else do you tie in a bike with a truck? But there's a sub-section of Harley guys (my brother) that will buy absolutely anything with Harley-Davidson inscribed on it, so maybe Ford cleaned up with that one.
lets not forget the Tonka Edition...

Threads like this amuse me. It's the same on "funny tires names". Like "Double Coin" tires are funny but "Goodyear" isn't. It's all about what we grew up hearing. Ford takes names form Ponies-"Bronco, Mustang, Pinto". Yea-that makes sense-especially Bronco if you look up the definition.

And then there is the Fusion. Fusion of what? Asian and American Foods......

AT least names like Colorado, Sedona, Tuscon, Telluride and Santa Fe conjures up memories of beautiful places if you have been lucky enough to travel to those destinations.

Personally? I've been playing a lot of DOOM Eternal.
I’ve been playing Cyberpunk.... kinda would like to see someone make something like this in real life lol
F3053135-1085-4B86-AA67-E5BEB257425F.jpg

Had a base model Saturn Ion Level 1 Sedan. Zero options but AC, 5 speed manual.

It had a dealer addon "package" which was a pinstripe and graphics on the decklid calling it the "red bomb edition"

Back