Stupid New Car Names and Editions !

See anything that recently made you "shake your head" and ask, "What were they thinking when they came up with this?!"

I will start with:

Just saw an Ad on T.V. last night for a Hyundai Palisade - Calligraphy Edition
are you #$%^*! kidding me !

hyun palcal.jpg

A lot of them sound like the marketers came up with them after they got home from work and had a few drinks. Signature Series. Black Edition. Sounds like booze. Ferrari LaFerrari. That's just lazy. I can only think of milk and cheese when I see a Buick Lucerne.

My all-time favorite would have to be the Harley Davidson Edition F-150. It sounds like it would come standard with a bike in the bed. How else do you tie in a bike with a truck? But there's a sub-section of Harley guys (my brother) that will buy absolutely anything with Harley-Davidson inscribed on it, so maybe Ford cleaned up with that one.

I never could understand "Plymouth Volare", though I did own one. Not perfect, but not terrible either. It did rust away, though.

Firenza and Cimmaron, and they were related. Awkward, contrived exotic sounding names on awkward, contrived bland vehicles...but it was still the malaise era.

I always liked Gremlin, Imp, Chimaera....

Back