Streaks of Adhesive / Glue in Premium Guard PG4612

Unused PG4612 filter, Lot No. 24MHM22 8748, Made in Vietnam.

pg4612streaks.jpg

I did use Microgard Select which is a Premium Gard and they were great build quality and probably the best quality control on the market. However one of them did have excess glue just like yours and I ended up just switching back to OEM AC Delco and Toyota on my vehicles.

Also didn't like the fact that the MSL51040 for my Chevy looked to have a bypass valve which is not correct as it is built in on GM vehicles that call for PF47E.

Anyway to return them?

It’s almost like Walmart got the seconds. QC is normally outstanding on PG.
This was sold on Walmart Marketplace by Premium Guard, shipped from Premium Guard. I'm not gonna bother, cause fortunately, I wasn't planning on using all of them anyway. And it was less than $10 for the case.

I see a bunch of adhesive / glue at the bottom of PG filters when looking through C&P's (here's an example on YouTube), but I'm not sure how often they get sloppy with streaks. I'm not surprised though.

This was sold on Walmart Marketplace by Premium Guard, shipped from Premium Guard. I'm not gonna bother, cause fortunately, I wasn't planning on using all of them anyway. And it was less than $10 for the case.

I see a bunch of adhesive / glue at the bottom of PG filters when looking through C&P's (here's an example on YouTube), but I'm not sure how often they get sloppy with streaks. I'm not surprised though.
Email PG and see what they say

Send them to me, I'll run them in my old Civics all day long. That doesn't bother me in the least.
I'll probably experiment with them. Maybe try to see how well it's stuck on there. Or are you saying you're comfortable with bits of adhesive going into the oil? How's the glue in the made in China filters you got?

Last edited:
NO filter is immune from manufacturing issues. That's why I always inspect before buying, and rarely buy on-line and if do they get inspected right away and sent back if not up to visual inspection.

I'll probably experiment with them. Maybe try to see how well it's stuck on there. Or are you saying you're comfortable with bits of adhesive going into the oil? How's the glue in the made in China filters you got?
It's a Honda it will eat anything and never die. But seriously I wouldn't recommend it.

Back