STP 6607 C&P

I used to change the oil for a co-worker who got a Subaru Outback from her parents. 100% dealer maintained.

The first oil change I did for her it had around 75K on it.

Drain plug looked similar to these photos. Had to go grab an aftermarket one at Napa. The undershield was so torn up, it was held in place in some areas with zip ties.

Subaru dealership in Pittsburgh, PA - great job guys.....

Did the quick lube shop also install the wrong filter? I thought the 7317 applies to the Subaru Ascent.
Yes I thought that too. If you go to auto zone website the 6607 is the one they give you to use. I’m pretty sure it’s just a short can version of the 7317.

I used to change the oil for a co-worker who got a Subaru Outback from her parents. 100% dealer maintained.

The first oil change I did for her it had around 75K on it.

Drain plug looked similar to these photos. Had to go grab an aftermarket one at Napa. The undershield was so torn up, it was held in place in some areas with zip ties.

Subaru dealership in Pittsburgh, PA - great job guys.....
I have an outback also I have done the oil changes for the last 40k. I think the plugs are just really soft. I ordered a new one for the next time I change it. Cause it’s starting to round off.

Yes I thought that too. If you go to auto zone website the 6607 is the one they give you to use. I’m pretty sure it’s just a short can version of the 7317.
The 6607 is the shorty version of the 7317, and frequently used/listed for consolidation by quick lubes and some bottom/lower tier filters and look ups. I'm wondering if the STP XL look up lists the 6607 too. If not sure what spec size is, good to use a couple/few different look ups to determine. That said, if listed on look up for vehicle, 6607 ok to use.

I have an outback also I have done the oil changes for the last 40k. I think the plugs are just really soft. I ordered a new one for the next time I change it. Cause it’s starting to round off.
Agree. I got an aftermarket one at Napa for her. Never had a problem after that. She traded in the car last year though, so I don't know how it's held up since :)

Is this what manufacturing has gotten to, that we can't even make a quality drain plug anymore? How cheap can you get?

Back