STP 6607 C&P

STP 6607 in use for approximately 1500 miles 0w20 on a Subaru Ascent.
IMG_0058.jpeg
IMG_0059.jpeg
IMG_0060.jpeg
IMG_0061.jpeg
IMG_0062.jpeg

This one looks very different on the inside compared to the made in China STP S6607 I posted a few months ago.

Filter looks ok. Don't see coo but assuming China as doesn't look like a Champ Labs made filter. Recycling oil at AZ recently checked out STP filters. Standard blue can like topic, China coo. Otoh, XL is Champ Labs, very similar to or same as Super Tech MP series, with orange silicone adbv.

Yeah, lousy about the drain bolt. Rounded the bolt and leaking on top of it. smh Assuming threads still ok and new drain plug and crush washer fixed issue?

Thanks for c&p.

Edit, Just looking closer don't see an adbv in pics. Did it have one and just not seen/shown?

Last edited:
Thanks for C&P!

Also interested in build of the filter. Does the center tube have holes, louvers or e-core?

Base plate does not look like Champ / Fram?

It’s my mom’s car quick lune had stripped the drain bolt and was leaking so. I just changed the oil and put a new plug in.
Good Morning jxthomps,
I hope the new drain plug is leak free and working well for you. The picture of what the quick lube did is incredible. It is the poster child of why doing our own oil changes is a best practice.

Unbelievable.
They are junk drain plugs. Mine rounded over with a 6 point. Thing was very mild steel. @Al thought I wasn't careful enough when this issue was presented on subaruforester.org ages ago.

Nope. It is a Junk Part for the New FB2.5 release 14mm hex head. They went back to 17mm headed bolt with model refresh.

Tried to get a free one from Subaru but the parts guy said no.

Hope the OP got some $$ back.

here is mine
FB14mmdrainplug_100211.JPG

Last edited:
Filter looks ok. Don't see coo but assuming China as doesn't look like a Champ Labs made filter. Recycling oil at AZ recently checked out STP filters. Standard blue can like topic, China coo. Otoh, XL is Champ Labs, very similar to or same as Super Tech MP series, with orange silicone adbv.

Yeah, lousy about the drain bolt. Rounded the bolt and leaking on top of it. smh Assuming threads still ok and new drain plug and crush washer fixed issue?

Thanks for c&p.

Edit, Just looking closer don't see an adbv in pics. Did it have one and just not seen/shown

Thanks for c&p.

Edit, Just looking closer don't see an adbv in pics. Did it have one and just not seen/shown?

Thanks for c&p.

IMG_0078.jpeg
IMG_0078.jpeg
IMG_0078.jpeg

They are junk drain plugs. Mine rounded over with a 6 point. Thing was very mild steel. @Al thought I wasn't careful enough when this issue was presented on subaruforester.org ages ago.

Nope. It is a Junk Part for the New FB2.5 release 14mm hex head. They went back to 17mm headed bolt with model refresh.

Tried to get a free one from Subaru but the parts guy said no.

Hope the OP got some $$ back.

here is mine
View attachment 203366
Yea drive a 2017 Outback I have done all the oil changes on it and I have had to get a new plug also.

Back