Stock up soon on gas powered yard and garden equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing less and less gasoline powered yard and garden equipment and personally a cord or rechargeable batteries is not something I desire in the future.
Anybody else stocking up just in case? My chain saw is 25 years old, my weedeater is 20 years old, one blower is 4 years old and another is 18 years old. Lawnmower is only 3 years old and gas powered hedge trimmer is only 1 year old. Thinking of stocking up given CA intends to ban small engine powered stuff and I suspect the rest of the country will follow suit.

Seeing less and less gasoline powered yard and garden equipment and personally a cord or rechargeable batteries is not something I desire in the future.
Anybody else stocking up just in case? My chain saw is 25 years old, my weedeater is 20 years old, one blower is 4 years old and another is 18 years old. Lawnmower is only 3 years old and gas powered hedge trimmer is only 1 year old. Thinking of stocking up given CA intends to ban small engine powered stuff and I suspect the rest of the country will follow suit.

It's tough to bite my tongue in regard to CA. They're going to fix a huge problem with small gas powered equipment but still have thousands of homeless vets.....*chomp*.......*ouch*.......

OK, staying on topic, I think the rest of the country that primarily use wood for construction are going to use gas equipment a long time. You can't support logging operations with battery powered saws. At least not yet.

I have used a few battery saws and they are pretty cool. Beyond delimbing and cutting up limb wood, they're just not moving a 36" bar through a multi foot diameter oak or maple.

I dont like much of the new OPE.. My old troy bilt tiller, Echo Saw, Husqvarna trimmer, Troy Bilt Chipper, Honda Engine Push Mower and Champion Generators are still going. All of them worthy of fixing if needed as they do what i ask of them.

If i had to buy something to replace them i would go for used and older better made. Pawn Shops and FB marketplace are full of them.

I dont like much of the new OPE.. My old troy bilt tiller, Echo Saw, Husqvarna trimmer, Troy Bilt Chipper, Honda Engine Push Mower and Champion Generators are still going. All of them worthy of fixing if needed as they do what i ask of them.

If i had to buy something to replace them i would go for used and older better made. Pawn Shops and FB marketplace are full of them.

I have worked on and off for my friends arbor business for years and I burn wood for primary heat in winter.
I used to think the old stuff was better, but man, I had a chance to cut with the new Stihl 500i fuel injected chainsaw, and it is freaking awesome. It's super light and powerful. Serviceability though, will be the question. Instead of a carb kit, now we'll need an interface program to plug in with our laptops. I just rebuilt the carb on my 1978 McCulloch 555 with a 3/8" nut driver and flat head screwdriver for $12.00.

It's easy to hate California. While California has many problems, most of them stupid, smog is one everyone should be on agreement with.
Smog doesn't affect the whole state however.

What is happening in the Republic of California will result in better battery powered outdoor power equipment. There hasn't been a serious effort in cordless pro equipment yet.

There are things like a battery powered chainsaw makes no sense for some people. A professional logger as an example.
The battery powered leaf blowers offered today are a joke compared to their gas counterparts.

However, a cordless weed trimmer is one battery powered equipment that is actually better for most home owners.

If you look back at LA before vehicles had pollution controls, it was awful.

Not9qJxNT9YgYDT8cHta_smog2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back