Stevia Sweetener ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys tried that? I haven't tried yet it and was wondering if it tastes any good. I usually use raw sugar in my coffee and on my corn flakes, but the thought of cutting some more calories is appealing.

Yeah, it's good.
Better half puts it in ANZAC biscuits when she cooks them...doesn't make them sugar free (still have golden syrup), but sweet, and no aftertaste. Cakes good too.

I don't sweeten tea/coffee, but most people that I know prefer "Rumsfeld's Disease" than Stevia.

It's taste is sweet with a hint of bitter (to me the bitter part resemble the taste of liquorice extract). The degree of bitter depends on the stevia plant used and the refining process.
I like stevia in tea. I don't sweeten coffee.

Last edited:
In coffee I use honey.
I don't drink tea but if I do(about once every 10 years)then it's black with raw sugar. I suppose, just thinking about that, I will probably be dead before I get to the next one!

Why use any sweetener at all? If you really want to cut calories common sense would tell you to remove all the sweeteners, and thus some of the chemicals from your diet.

It's not bad. Slightly different type of sweetness (fruit sweet).. I'm somewhat reconsidering artificial sweetness due to their potential link to insulin resistance*

*The "sweet" taste causes the body to secret insulin and over time the cells which respond to insulin get overworked and cease responding. Type 2 diabetes occurs, weight gain, etc.

Last edited:
Use the real deal in moderation. You will kill yourself with the fake junk.

I eat whatever I please (in moderation) and smaller amount more often and maintain a very healthy weight.

I tried Stevia and monk fruit sweetener and found both to have a strong, bitter aftertaste. I tried it in coffee and iced tea and they were a no go.

I tried some Light Agave nectar sweetnener and liked it. Supposed to be fine for you. This was in coffee and the high end grocery store had a bottle of it there to use. Nice touch.

I tried Stevia and thought it was fine. Seemed similiar to Splenda.

I tried some "Stevia In The Raw." I works fine on corn flakes, but I don't like it in coffee. It has a delayed reaction in coffee; you take a sip and then 1 or 2 seconds later you taste the sweetness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back