Artificial Sweeteners - Splenda (Sucralose)

Most soft drinks like Coke and Pepsi are sweetened by artificial sweeteners, even though they are not classified as "DIET" drinks.
Some MAY include real sugar, but not all. The simple reason is COST. When you have an industrial sweetener, such as Aspartame that is MORE THAN 600 times sweeter than sugar for the "industrial version", it increases profits.
Are you claiming that regular Coke and Pepsi have artificial sweeteners in them?

It all comes down to how much and how often. Everyone is different and in the case of diabetics which I am one, I can tell when I overdo something.

Lately I have been drinking something called Celsius. It’s a sparkling fruit drink with vitamins and some herbal components plus caffeine from green tea extract. I drink one can a day. It has sucralose in it as well and the entire can contains 2 grams of carbs. I tend to drink it over a few hours. I don’t guzzle it down.

So far it hasn’t affected my blood sugars. In fact, they have been trending down.

My results may not match your results.

Are you claiming that regular Coke and Pepsi have artificial sweeteners in them?
Did you ever wonder why the Mexican made Coke is popular? They use real sugar. I'm not saying that they are 100% of either, but if there's a way to save a buck, you know what will happen.

Did you ever wonder why the Mexican made Coke is popular? They use real sugar. I'm not saying that they are 100% of either, but if there's a way to save a buck, you know what will happen.
Yes it’s sugar in that product rather than partly corn syrup. But it’s never an artificial sweetener, those are not used in the “regular” products. Bottlers vary the percentages of sucrose vs. corn syrup based on price of the two commodities.

For what it’s worth I’ve never seen the Mexican product use HFCS, only sucrose.

Yes it’s sugar in that product rather than partly corn syrup. But it’s never an artificial sweetener, those are not used in the “regular” products. Bottlers vary the percentages of sucrose vs. corn syrup based on price of the two commodities.

For what it’s worth I’ve never seen the Mexican product use HFCS, only sucrose.
I’m not that far from the border and we pay a premium for Mexican Coke - I don’t buy much - but we have a small indoor lumber yard that puts it by the register - COLD
Come July - it clears the throat after loading what you bought ✅

To me sugar is sugar. If it sweetens I’ll take it. I’m sure sugar of some sort is in everything I eat and drink. The only thing I use it for is coffee. Dad always uses Splenda I don’t care I just grab whatever is available.

Of the artificial stuff saccharine is the safest followed by Splenda which the jury is still out on because it is semi absorbable and the free Chlorine kills gut bacteria

In the natural stuff roughly this order
1 inulin is safest
2. Mannose / Allulose
3. Monk Fruit
4 Stevia
5 antique sugar alcohols (the ones causing diarrhea) are actually safe despite being irritating and causing nutrients to exit undigested
6. Mannitol
7. Erythritol

What is strange is that a mix of all 15 sugar alcohols together is likely safest and may even have health benefits but only one company sells it that way.

What about sucralose? Looks to be in Arizona ice tea, of which I average 2 gallons a week.
Splenda = sucralose
These break down into some chlorine

If you drink chlorinated tap water its affects are similar in that it alters gut bacteria, eat some old school plain yogurt , asphidopholus or take an occasional probiotic

Another trick is that over the years I’ve gotten where I like teas and other things very faintly sweet, add a little lemon and a bunch of clean water and it’s honestly more refreshing, Ice 🧊also adds water as well.

Don’t get me wrong, MUCH safer than aspertame but like everything it’s best to not eat constantly. There are worse things and I’m guilty of over drinking on Splenda beverages then stop for a month then go back

Ah well, nobody’s perfect and everything is gonna kill you someday

Last edited:
Every month or so I will throw some erythritol into something, I figure that is not anywhere near harmful. Body has zero issues that I detect.

But I never got the squirts from inulin or allulose.

Of the artificial stuff saccharine is the safest followed by Splenda which the jury is still out on because it is semi absorbable and the free Chlorine kills gut bacteria

In the natural stuff roughly this order
1 inulin is safest
2. Mannose / Allulose
3. Monk Fruit
4 Stevia
5 antique sugar alcohols (the ones causing diarrhea) are actually safe despite being irritating and causing nutrients to exit undigested
6. Mannitol
7. Erythritol

What is strange is that a mix of all 15 sugar alcohols together is likely safest and may even have health benefits but only one company sells it that way.
Wait are you claiming one of the metabolites is free chlorine?

There has been debate for decades about whether or not artificial and natural sugar substitutes are healthy. All I know is they are my #1 migraine trigger. Doesn't matter if it's aspartame or Stevia, I stay away from all of it. Just sucrose, fructose, and glucose for me in limited amounts. Unsweetened drinks are the best. I make sparkling water or add lemon to water and don't have to worry about anything.

Back