Corn Syrup Solids

How so?

Wreak havoc?

Sugar alcohols are carbs. All of them. Maybe that is what you mean.

But there nothing specific - especially erythritol that is deadly, used lightly of course.

Read here:

I have experienced it.

h2o, agua, water, is the best. and lots of it all day.

also have unsweet decaf coffee or tea and with the occasional caffeinated coffee or tea to stay awake after lunch!

doc said sweet stuff is sweet stuff and is no good for me, i said even diet soda's and he said yup even diet sodas, this was a long time ago.
as already mentioned once you quit sugars and you go have some your body tells you that it is too sweet and you wonder how could i have been having that before! lol

try to exercise if you can everyday and best of luck in quitting sugars.

You’re not really doing yourself much of a favour switching from plain sugar to the same amounts of different sugars. Your palette will adjust and you won’t need to sweeten everything after a month or so. I’m about a month in to this same undertaking and all the things I used to sweeten (coffee, tea, cereals, sugary drinks) I now consume unsweetened. Life has continued just fine without sweeteners. So far.

I've been trying to cut sugar out of my diet. With the availability of Splenda (sucralose) so readily available, it's not too hard to do. But how close to sugar are corn syrup solids? They put corn syrup in sodas instead of sugar I know. I drink that Cascade soda and that Poweraid Zero sugar free drink; both use sucralose instead of corn syrup. What's been really hard to cut out is that Lipton Brisk ice tea that comes in a soda can. That stuff is delicious. I still drink coffee in the morning. I use Coffee Mate in the coffee and sweeten it with honey. The Coffee Mate has corn syrup solids.

Most soft drink companies use high fructose corn syrup. That's way worse than corn syrup, but i have a hunch that corn syrup isn't too far behind as far as nutrition goes.

I just came across this article a bit earlier today. Maybe it's appropriate for this thread:

A sugar replacement called erythritol – used to add bulk or sweeten stevia, monkfruit and keto-reduced-sugar products – has been linked to blood clotting, stroke, heart attack and death, according to a new study.

I just came across this article a bit earlier today. Maybe it's appropriate for this thread:

A sugar replacement called erythritol – used to add bulk or sweeten stevia, monkfruit and keto-reduced-sugar products – has been linked to blood clotting, stroke, heart attack and death, according to a new study.
Just wow!

I am stopping immediately.

Thanks for posting that.

Sugar alcohols wreak havoc with diabetics. This past Christmas someone gave me a box of sugar free chocolates. They had sugar alcohols along with mannitol which is another type of sugar. I gave them away later on.
What about the carbs in the chocolate itself ? Carbs are sugar.

I've been trying to cut sugar out of my diet. With the availability of Splenda (sucralose) so readily available, it's not too hard to do. But how close to sugar are corn syrup solids? They put corn syrup in sodas instead of sugar I know. I drink that Cascade soda and that Poweraid Zero sugar free drink; both use sucralose instead of corn syrup. What's been really hard to cut out is that Lipton Brisk ice tea that comes in a soda can. That stuff is delicious. I still drink coffee in the morning. I use Coffee Mate in the coffee and sweeten it with honey. The Coffee Mate has corn syrup solids.

Fructose, sucrose lactose and glucose

Hello,

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $17.59 for your Order 111-3790271-4937861.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: WHOLE EARTH Stevia & Monk Fruit Plant-based Sweetener, 400 Packets
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B078FWL2N1
Reason for refund: Account adjustment

Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Item Refund: $17.59

We'll apply your refund to the following payment method(s):

Gift Card: $17.59

This amount has been credited.

The amount credited to your Gift Card balance should be automatically applied to your next eligible order on our website.

Good for you, Pablo ... I've known for a while that artificial sweeteners and sugar were not particularly good for us. I make one small concession to artificial sweeteners: a few times a year (less than 8 or 10) I enjoy a Diet Coke with Chinese food. I've cut way, way back on sugar, too. Don't use it in coffee, tea, or cereal, and only use a small amount in a particular cornbread recipe and a couple of rarely-made desserts.

Good for you, Pablo ... I've known for a while that artificial sweeteners and sugar were not particularly good for us. I make one small concession to artificial sweeteners: a few times a year (less than 8 or 10) I enjoy a Diet Coke with Chinese food. I've cut way, way back on sugar, too. Don't use it in coffee, tea, or cereal, and only use a small amount in a particular cornbread recipe and a couple of rarely-made desserts.
I've known that for awhile as well. I think you should not even drink 8-10 fake sodas or any sodas. I can take my coffee without sweetener. Not a huge hurdle.

I never before ate any sugar substitutes - I am super wary and finally thought erythritol was a safer one. All the studies to this point have found it safe.

The study does NOT prove cause and wow 30+ grams?? YIKES that seems like a LOT!

I guess the good news I was eating less than a gram a day and don’t have heart issues, etc

Last edited:
I've known that for awhile as well. I think you should not even drink 8-10 fake sodas or any sodas. I can take my coffee without sweetener. Not a huge hurdle.

I never before ate any sugar substitutes - I am super wary and finally thought erythritol was a safer one. All the studies to this point have found it safe.

The study does NOT prove cause and wow 30+ grams?? YIKES that seems like a LOT!

I guess the good news I was eating less than a gram a day and don’t have heart issues, etc
That is the only time I drink soda, and honestly, I seem to be drinking even less these days. I can't recall when I last had a Diet Coke. The only thing I drink at home now is unsweetened mineral water with some flavoring apart from coffee and tea and some 1% milk. I sometimes make vegetable or fruit juice and often dilute the fruit juice when drinking it.

This country has gotten too hooked on sugar and sweet things. The deleterious health issues around sugar are compounded by it being put into so many items we eat. Sugar is even put into table salt! From a nutritional website, here is the overview of table salt:

Table salt

Morton’s salt contains Salt, Calcium Silicate (an anti-caking agent), Dextrose, and Potassium Iodide. You’ll more or less find the exact same ingredients in every table salt brand.

My primary salt is Diamond Crystal kosher salt and a couple of other salts like Real Salt

Back