Those Cheating Orange Juice Makers

You should really be aware that any fruit juice is NOT GOOD for you. Too much fructose load. I'm not kidding people. Be smart.

You heard it: with or without stevia, orange juice is NOT good for you.
When my kids were first born 30 years ago, that was one thing the pediatrician always stressed to us...fruit juice bad, water good.

I water down my breakfast Lemonade by 30% and it's still tasty. Diabetic but my doctor is pretty happy with my A1C results, Haven't had OJ in years.

I like orange juice. I also like fresh lemon squeezed into filtered water. I go through a standard size Minute Maid original or country style every 6 weeks drinking 8 -10 oz.. It's a lot of sugar but I don't drink it every day. Haven't had any this week.

orange juice is NO better than most sodas as it raises blood sugar quickly that makes your body respond with an insulin release, a fat storage hormone!!! also as noted fructose like alcohol is ONLY processed by the liver!!

All the talk got me thirsty for a glass I always like a small glass of OJ and now it's not same as soda intact it's good for you.
20240114_102104.jpg

So I went to Walmart tonight to get some groceries along with some more Valvoline. I decided I need some orange juice. Wasn't going to buy Florida Natural because that stuff was terribly bitter last time. Decided to try one Simply Orange and one MinuteMaid. I haven't tried the MinuteMaid yet but that Simply Orange is SWEET. I was thinking, where'd they get such sweet oranges to make such sweet orange juice? Then I got to thinking, if it's too good to be true, it usually is. Sure enough, looking at the ingredients list, Stevia. They cheated. I should've known that there's no oranges that sweet available anymore to a commercial orange juice distillery. You want oranges that sweet you gotta find some mom and pop somewhere growing their own at home and beg for them. So yeah, I feel cheated. At least it wasn't sugar or worse yet - corn syrup.
The mega supermarkets here (Walmart / Kroger / Meijer) sell several different labels of Simply Orange.
Which one did you buy? Is it listed as being From Concentrate (or say) Not From Concentrate?

Ew diet soda

Yeah I get that, and used to think the same thing. Then one day I found out I was type-1 diabetic and decided that diet soda was better for me to drink than the regular versions. After drinking mostly diet for several years now, whenever I try a "normal" one made with corn syrup, that's the one that tastes weird. Of course now that I think about it, diet still tastes kind of weird, but I guess I've gotten used to it, although I will say that I think Coke Zero Sugar has come pretty close to having a "non-diet" taste.

The Sodas made with real sugar still taste good to me (like Mexican Coke and throwback Mountain Dew). Those would my favorite choice if I wasn't diabetic and if they were more readily available.

Speaking of the Diet Dew, it's baffled me for years how the 2nd ingredient is orange juice, but somehow the end product still has zero carbohydrates. From what I know, orange juice is one of the highest carbed things that there is. I guess they must have found a grove of sugar free oranges or something. :unsure:

Last edited:
Back