Steak!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A nice organic steak without all the hormones and antibiotics will do me occasionally. Luckily I have a a fantastic supplier, Eco Meats The owner Gino put his business before his marriage and consequently lost his wife but he kept the bussiness. If you havn't tried organic product I feel sorry for you. Go for for real food not supermarket cr@p You won't believe the difference IMO.

I was reading awhile back that alot of standard feedlot beef are fed whatever needs to be gotten rid of. Chicken manure, chicken feathers, cardboard, sawdust, municipal garbage waste, scraps of other animals, etc. Not only that but the way beef is processed is haphazard at best and causes the beef to be contaminated with large quantities of fecal material.

Now some nice grass fed locally raised organic beef, that is another story. Makes for some good eating.

Mamala Bay,

Thanks for the link, you bring back so many sweet memories, Kobe steak here is at US$240 so really have no desire to try it out so will live with the sweet memories from US.

Oz has a net positive energy balance on food (just), predominatly because of the feeding of animals on grass rather than grain.

So we get some pretty decent meat.

Acura tech, a guy I used to work with has left work and moved to the family feedlot. They started a Q.A. system which picked them up nearly $2,000 per beast, by being able to show potential buyers what the animals ate, and when...and what they show is decent food, sileage, grains, and grasses/hay.

Now they have other farmers lined up to "finish" their beasts with 3 months of decent nutrition at their "resort"

I like any cut from the short loin, Porterhouse, T-Bone, New York Strip and last but certainly not least the Tenderloin/filet mignon.....

Hawaiian salt and pepper. Kiawe wood. I chop the woods in small cubed chunks. Cut a round onion in half and when grill is hot, run it across the grill. I do that everytime meat is turned over, this will keep the meat from sticking and give flavor.

I like hot heat. Ribeye is my favorite. Cook it hot and fast. You can't beat the simple things!

THIS IS MY KIND OF THREAD.

I absolutely, positively love steak. When I go on vacation I usually have steak about 80% of the dinnertime. Last year I ate Costco tri-tips (I think) on vacation every day for over a week.

I'm a big fan of Costco meats. Tri-tip is probably my current favorite.

Medium-rare or rare.

Did I say I absolutely, positively LOVE steak??!!!!

From the Boston Market comercials

Eat steak, eat steak eat a big ol' steer
Eat steak, eat steak do we have one dear?
Eat beef, eat beef it's a mighty good food
It's a grade A meal when I'm in the mood.

Cowpokes'll come from a near and far
When you throw a few rib-eyes on the fire
Roberto Duran ate two before a fight
'Cause it gave a lot of mighty men a lot of mighty might

Eat meat, eat meat, filet mignon
Eat meat, eat meat, ear it all day long
Eat a few T-bones till you get your fill
Eat a new york cut, hot off the grill

Eat a cow, eat a cow 'cuase it's good for you
Eat a cow, eat a cow it's the thing that goes "Mooooo"

Look at all the cows in the slaughterhouse yeard
Gotta hit'em in the head, gotta hit'em real hard
First you gotta clean'em then the butcher cuts'em up
Throws it on a scale throws an eyeball in a cup

Saw a big Brangus Steer standing right over there
So I rustled up a fire cooked him medium rare
Bar-B-Q'ed his brisket, a roasted his rump
Fed my dog that ol' Brangus Steer's hump

Steak Nah. Tomorrow night Hawaiian night at Fins the seafood cafe owned by John owner of Fishco Downunder at Belconnen Markets (same location). As well as music and seafood banquet there will be Greek Lamb on a spit and I can't remember if it it's beef or Pork on a spit. Should be a top night. What this guy has done for our local market is amazing. If the food is as good as the Spanner Crab with Ginger and Shallots I had from their last week as takeaway it should be awesome. Nice people, exceptional seafood (HACCP certified) what more can you ask for in life?

Hey spritman. I wonder if he's the guy that supplies all our import seafood here in Hawaii.

Those are some fine clean looking seafood I see here at the market from Australia.

Here's a link: Looks like what Hawaii was 30 years ago. web page

Dunno but what we get now is absolutioanly sensational. I will kiss John tomorow and I'm not not gay! I believe it will be a life changing experience. For only $45 a head that is just amazing. I'll report after tomorow night. Wish me luck.

Glad you enjoyed. Another thing is atmosphere, that plays a part also. Having a relaxing meal makes all the better!

Piles of Balmain Buigs, Scampi in herb butter, Calamari done sweet chili, Spanner Crab with ginger and shallots, Chilli mud crab, poached Deep Sea Cod, Oysters, Tiger prawns (Shrimp), and more than I can remember. Whole Greek Lamb on a spit and whole suckling pig on a spit. This guy is changing the food landscape in the Capital and it's fantastic. I've lived all over the world and this is just amazing. He's expanding to another four locations in the National Capital and I have to tell you if I had the money I'd pick up a franchise. Lucky to live in the best city in the best country on the planet. I'm totally rapt!!!

Gang; I saw this in today's Detroit Free Press;

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006603290370

I don't get out ike used to when I lived in Ann Arbor, but this is how some of the local people live around here, before the present demise of the Auto Industry. The Steak Commentaries are DELICIOUS!
cheers.gif

Speaking of chops. Lamb chops are my all time favorite on the grill. As for steak, it used to be filet, I thought it didn't get any better. Then I had a dry aged sirloin on the grill. Wow, still tender but packed with so much more flavor than any filet mignon I've tried. A true medium-rare with a fine merlot. Heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back