Steak!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been reading Joaquin Jackson's autobiography since yesterday -- ONE RANGER: A Memoir -- his time as a Texas Ranger from 1966 to 1993.

He reminds me that some of the best steak [is] "mexican-raised beef cooked over mexican mesquite" (from a bear-hunting trip, 1967, in the northern Mexican mountains).

Gotta agree with that. It ain't always about fancy, oversize [overpriced] cuts of meat. They may be good, but not necessarily best.

The book is, as a former governor put it, "really wonderful tales that are told in the true Texas language"; (descriptive abilities that I envy in the old-timers like my recently departed father-in-law).

And in the German and Tejano communities of Texas, some of the best beef anywhere.

Sprintman,

Wish you MIL a Kalo Pascha. Do they have the custom of Red Eggs? I am Greek Orthodox and it's my Easter also.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

quote:

He reminds me that some of the best steak [is] "mexican-raised beef cooked over mexican mesquite" (from a bear-hunting trip, 1967, in the northern Mexican mountains).

I will agree on the mesquite wood or Kiawe wood.

It just brings out a flavor you can't buy even with the best cuts of meat cooked on charcoal or gas grills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back