State Farm Check

I was curious as a long-term State Farm customer, and looked through the settlement documents. I was unable to copy and paste, but this one defines who was eligible on p. 5.

Hale v. State Farm Agreement

Residents of Arkansas, Tennessee, and some from California and Illinois were excluded.

I got a letter from S.F, agent today I asked for a quote my house ins. Right now I'm with a different company and have good coverage . The quote I got back from state S.F. was $1,200 higher than what I have now for less coverage. No S.F. for me will probably move the car to other company to

They are all just corporations, fiduciary responsibility is to ONLY their shareholders and to extract as much money as possible from the public and return it to shareholders. This is every corporation, they are not your friend and why, more so for insurance LOW PRICE always wins.

I hate to get in the way of a good rant, but you do realize SF is not a stock company right?

Did you ever inquire or try to adjust it. I did and I didn't save much.
I did and got some B.S. reason why. This got me thinking I need to find another insurance company for my home owners insurance. It probably doubled since I got it. I guess you have to switch insurance companys every few years since it rapidly increases within a few years.

I did and got some B.S. reason why. This got me thinking I need to find another insurance company for my home owners insurance. It probably doubled since I got it. I guess you have to switch insurance companys every few years since it rapidly increases within a few years.
I have been doing that but my old favorites caught up with me...lol
Now they all rip and Progressive even with the double value is still cheaper...nuts

I hate to get in the way of a good rant, but you do realize SF is not a stock company right?
OMG *LOL* yes, you ruined a good rant. I had no idea State Farm is not traded and is actually owned by the policy owners themselves.
Much like a co-op.
Oh well, I guess I am a bit biased though, Used them for decades up north for everything in my life, including business partnership and commercial property. Got great rates, move to SC and found out when my policies were transferred here I was way overpaying, truly felt takin advantage of being such a loyal customer for decades, that was the end on my relationship with them, except for a life long life ins policy.

Its sooooo easy to switch, you can get many quotes right online and in most cases sign up right there and then should you decide.
Granted all areas and states can be different. as my "rants" say, I switch at the snap of a finger for a better rate when shopping online.

Reading these posts on insurance. Its easy to search online right now for better prices regarding insurance, takes minutes, no sense wondering just do it. Seek out 3 to 5 quotes right away, if you like one, sign up, simple stuff. Also dont believe if you "bundle" you will save money, prove it by getting quotes. Most cases you will do better not bundling. Credit score does play a big factor with all kinds of insurance also the area where you live, impossible to find a best company in a forum for your situation but good to get suggestions on what companies to try.

Reading these posts on insurance. Its easy to search online right now for better prices regarding insurance, takes minutes, no sense wondering just do it. Seek out 3 to 5 quotes right away, if you like one, sign up, simple stuff. Also dont believe if you "bundle" you will save money, prove it by getting quotes. Most cases you will do better not bundling. Credit score does play a big factor with all kinds of insurance also the area where you live, impossible to find a best company in a forum for your situation but good to get suggestions on what companies to try.
Yeah I always do that and float around because they are intro rates.
I called Progressive now- They sent me documents that they went over my house and they firmly believe it would cost this much to rebuild.
No it wouldn't and I tried to get reductions and they said nope. Now $2371 a year with a $5,000 deductible is a really decent price.

I paid them and later today I will shop around. I know what this house is worth because I rebuilt it myself 11 years ago and I don't even live there and no expensive cars in the garage or nothing. They would not listen. But I bet I will get half the coverage for the same price elsewhere.
The exaggerated coverages below.

insurance 76.JPG

I though that my state farm home insurance was insane at $680 / year.

Well, I guess an un-insulated log cabin on a hill in the forest ain't much.

Anybody want a Hunting lodge up in the Northeast on 2 acres for under o.25M $ ?

I though that my state farm home insurance was insane at $680 / year.

Well, I guess an un-insulated log cabin on a hill in the forest ain't much.

Anybody want a Hunting lodge up in the Northeast on 2 acres for under o.25M $ ?
A log cabin here will get you nailed.
Three no no's

1. Log Cabin
2. Wood stove
3. Dog

I got to thinking is overvaluing property at this point in time to make up for losses the insurance had with the house inflation over the last two years..

It may be a way of covering old losses?? What say ye?

I got to thinking is overvaluing property at this point in time to make up for losses the insurance had with the house inflation over the last two years..

It may be a way of covering old losses?? What say ye?
Q; What do you call 500 crooked real estate insurance agents at the bottom of the ocean?
A; A GOOD START!
😁(y)

I am just constantly and repeatedly amazed how people get all caught up and frenzied in these bubbles.

Was it so long ago that the lessons from 2008 are once again, forgotton?!

Back