State Farm Check

I have been with STATE FARM for almost 35 years now for my vehicle insurance. Over these 35 years SF has won a few court battles and have sent me checks for my share of the settlement. Last year, or the year before, SF sent me a check for $104.39. Today, I received another check ($39.05) from the same court judgement that I received prior.
Has anyone else with STATE FARM received the same amount as I received? I can post a pic of the check if you would like to see it. 🤑🤷‍♂️

I’ve been with SF for a decade, have 2 houses, 2 motorcycles, a car and a truck insured through them and haven’t received squat! :mad:
This is the letter I received with the check attached below.

Attachments

• SETTLEMENT.jpg
    SETTLEMENT.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 57
Just spoke to my dad on this out of interest, a retired attorney that hated dealing with State Farm in the professional setting. It could be that a vehicle you insured had damage, your fault or not, that State Farm paid a claim on and aftermarket parts were used.

Just spoke to my dad on this out of interest, a retired attorney that hated dealing with State Farm in the professional setting. It could be that a vehicle you insured had damage, your fault or not, that State Farm paid a claim on and aftermarket parts were used.
No, I haven't been in an accident since I can remember.
I have made several windshield claims over the 35 years.

I went to the FAQ section and read this;
1. Why did I receive an initial payment?
Awards were provided to class members who were insured by State Farm and had non-OEM crash parts installed on or specified for their vehicles (or received compensation based on the value of those parts) between July 28, 1987, and February 24, 1998.

When I was married my wife was in an accident in her 1991 GEO PRIZM. Maybe this pertains to that accident. 🤷‍♂️

Your dad was correct. Thanks for the information. ;)
This money can buy me a 50 rd. box of .40 caliber bullets. 🤑 (y):cool:

I've been a State Farm auto insurance customer 55+ years. I received a couple of checks during the shutdown. Currently, I save 35% on my annual premium through Drive Safe and Save. I have not had a chargeable claim.

Last edited:
I have been with STATE FARM for almost 35 years now for my vehicle insurance. Over these 35 years SF has won a few court battles and have sent me checks for my share of the settlement. Last year, or the year before, SF sent me a check for $104.39. Today, I received another check ($39.05) from the same court judgement that I received prior.
Has anyone else with STATE FARM received the same amount as I received? I can post a pic of the check if you would like to see it. 🤑🤷‍♂️
They will use that to justify raising your rates more than the check amount... Been a State Farm customer for years and have never received a check.

I have Progressive house insurance and they insured my house last year for 30% more than it was worth but they were cheaper than most.

I tried to lower the value but it saved me little. So i left it be.

Last night I received an e bill and my premium was up 70%...

So I go online and check my coverage and it has doubled. Yes exactly doubled on everything except the deductible...

This is crazy and I will call Monday
but I have never had this happen.
They have me insured for $756k just for interior stuff.lol

Anyone else here ever see that?

I think Skyactive is correct. State Farm was using or requiring aftermarket non OEM materials on repairs, there is more to it but I think you are receiving money because State Farm was cheating their customers without their knowledge and that is your part of the settlement.
I can be wrong but if all the settlement money was not able to be distributed then maybe you received the portion of that money.
Im surprised you dont have a letter or something explaining this? Never mind, I see you commented that was what happened.
yeah, State Farm is there alright... after a class action lawsuit *LOL*

They are all just corporations, fiduciary responsibility is to ONLY their shareholders and to extract as much money as possible from the public and return it to shareholders. This is every corporation, they are not your friend and why, more so for insurance LOW PRICE always wins.

I have Progressive house insurance and they insured my house last year for 30% more than it was worth but they were cheaper than most.

I tried to lower the value but it saved me little. So i left it be.

Last night I received an e bill and my premium was up 70%...

So I go online and check my coverage and it has doubled. Yes exactly doubled on everything except the deductible...

This is crazy and I will call Monday
but I have never had this happen.
They have me insured for $756k just for interior stuff.lol

Anyone else here ever see that?
Personal property is typically a percentage of the value of the home. I’m at $840k for contents and while that seems absurd, if I started adding everything we have up, I think it would be much closer than I realize. The contents coverage is for new replacement as well, so the 3 riding mowers in the garage I paid $700 total for, would probably be $6000+ in the event of a fire.

Personal property is typically a percentage of the value of the home. I’m at $840k for contents and while that seems absurd, if I started adding everything we have up, I think it would be much closer than I realize. The contents coverage is for new replacement as well, so the 3 riding mowers in the garage I paid $700 total for, would probably be $6000+ in the event of a fire.
I have several expensive mowers and a car there but $350k would cover me for everything easily.

As I don't keep the expensive stuff there...i also don't need $1.5M for the house either.

When you talk about inside stuff most insurance companies want to see proof. I have proof of everything but they won't just cough up $765k

I have several expensive mowers and a car there but $350k would cover me for everything easily.

As I don't keep the expensive stuff there...i also don't need $1.5M for the house either.

When you talk about inside stuff most insurance companies want to see proof. I have proof of everything but they won't just cough up $765k
It’s definitely worth taking a video on your phone walking through the house to detail everything in the event of a catastrophe. You can ask them to reduce the coverage amount for the dwelling and possibly the contents. Usually the dwelling adjustment will also bring down the contents with it.

It’s definitely worth taking a video on your phone walking through the house to detail everything in the event of a catastrophe. You can ask them to reduce the coverage amount for the dwelling and possibly the contents. Usually the dwelling adjustment will also bring down the contents with it.
Yup you are right.
About 10 years ago I sold a building lot to a guy. Two months after he had the house built it burned down to the ground.
It was an electrical issue.

A year later he builds a house twice as big there. I saw him in the yard one day and he told me the insurance paid so much extra he doubled the house size and had a big chunk of change left over.

Lucky guy...i don't think that happens that often.

Back