Start up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a briggs and stratton push mower that has problem. I prime it but, when I go to pull start it, it won't fire up. If I spray gumout small engine start up spray into the carb and then give it a pull, it starts right up on the first try every time. Can anyone give me a clue or an answer why this is happening? I maintain it very well and the mower is only about three years old. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Just a guess but it looks like time to "clean and rebuild" the carb, could be the choke is not closing.

If the primer bulb has a small tube that connects it to the carb, check to see if it has come off.

My mower drove me nuts with hard starting for a while.....then I found the primer bulb was no longer attached.......

Sounds like for whatever reason the primer is not working. If it starts with starting fluid it definately should start with gas. Can you look in the carb and see if you can see a squirt of gas from the primer? Try pouring a small amount of gas in the carb and see if it starts.

Has it always had this problem, or did it recently occur.
If it used to work OK, then check for a cracked bulb, leaky tubing etc.

How many pumps are you using? You may need a few more.
Wait a couple seconds between primes and pump slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back