SS Mini-14 cleaning tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone own a SS Mini-14? If so,do you have any cleaning tips?
patriot.gif

Treat just like a blue steel gun. Only change would be to use a very high quality lube, I prefer grease< on your bolt stud where it enters the op-rod and also on the bolt.

I have the manual and i'm very good at cleaning all my weapons.I was just wanting some extra tips on the SS cleaning part.I use Rem oil on mine.Is there anything ya'll prefer,better?
patriot.gif

Treat it just like a blued gun. I like Shooters choice to remove the copper from the bore. I used to use B-12 Chemtool in the spray can in place of gun scrubber. I never bothered with moly grease as you should for SS and never suffeed any galling. I used a variety of lubes when Iowned my SS Mini-30. I used Miltec-1,CLP,Rem Oil and home made gun oils. I never had a problem with any of them.

P.S. I always seperated my barrled action from the wood stock before cleaning and always used rubber bands and zip lock bags over the scope lens to protect them from harsh solvents! Buris told me to use 100% acetone to clean my optics.

As a rule SS minis are not to picky, just good ammo and good clips. Brush the face of the bolt well especially near the extractor. I stopped using gun oil on semi auto actions years ago. A very very light coating of NECO Moly Slide paste on the bolt wear surfaces is all that is needed. Kano Kroil penetrating solvent works good for cleaning carbon off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back