Southern rock bands

Brother got me turned into some newer southern rock bands like BlackBerry Smoke and Gov’t Mule. Anyone know of any others I would like? Growing up I loved Stevie Ray Baughn and “double trouble”.

Here ya go:
Molly Hatchett, Beatin the Odds

If the Orcs in Lord of the Rings just had a couple of guys like the ones on the Molly Hatchett album covers, I really think they could have taken the Hobbits, Elves, and Dwarves.

Before somebody says it:

The Allman Brothers Band is not a southern rock band. They're a jam band with more in common with The Grateful Dead than Molly Hatchet.

edit: Darn! Too late :ROFLMAO:

Brother got me turned into some newer southern rock bands like BlackBerry Smoke and Gov’t Mule. Anyone know of any others I would like? Growing up I loved Stevie Ray Baughn and “double trouble”.
Someone tuned me into Blackberry Smoke a while back and the wife and I even got to see them LIVE a couple times.
U heard of Shooter Jennings? Son of Waylon Jennings. Shooter does southern rock, rock, country, country rock, etc... Depends on his mood.
We got lucky and got to see him perform some time back in a tiny venue.

Someone tuned me into Blackberry Smoke a while back and the wife and I even got to see them LIVE a couple times.
U heard of Shooter Jennings? Son of Waylon Jennings. Shooter does southern rock, rock, country, country rock, etc... Depends on his mood.
We got lucky and got to see him perform some time back in a tiny venue.
I like Waylon !

Here ya go:
Molly Hatchett, Beatin the Odds

If the Orcs in Lord of the Rings just had a couple of guys like the ones on the Molly Hatchett album covers, I really think they could have taken the Hobbits, Elves, and Dwarves.

Always have loved Molly Hatchet!

Here is someone you may like. A guitar wizard "southern rocker" Samantha Fish. She even plays those cigar box guitars.

The first band I ever went to see was the Outlaws. The opening band? Molly Hatchet with Danny Joe Brown as their lead singer. I think this changed my life forever.

The first band I ever went to see was the Outlaws. The opening band? Molly Hatchet with Danny Joe Brown as their lead singer. I think this changed my life forever.
My similar experience with "the four guitar army-The Outlaws" was with them opening for Joe Walsh n Barnstorm. I had never even heard of the Outlaws and just like you , things changed. When Outlaws set ended and they were called back for 2 encores , the venue had to turn the lights on to settle the crowd down so they could assemble poor Joe's equipment. No band could/wanted to follow the Outlaws or their partners in music Skynyrd.

Last edited:
Something a little bit different as they're more modern times, but both are rock. Both are from Texas.

Quaker City Night Hawks

The Sword

Here is someone you may like. A guitar wizard "southern rocker" Samantha Fish. She even plays those cigar box guitars.

I guess that you can call her southern rock? I read she arranged and started a "Cigar Box Guitar Festival" in New Olreans. She headlined it so many times that they recently changed the name to "The Samantha Fish Guitar Festival"

Back