Sometimes WallyWorld is Ok..

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is what it is...

I love their everyday oil prices & selection but in my local WM English seems like a foreign language.

I've been in many parts of the world but here I just need to go into WM to get the effect.

This WILL NOT stop me from searching out the best oil deals though. I want the best at low cost and they deliver it with 'everyday' pricing.

More and more, name brand manufacturers sell a different product to Walmart that is poorer quality. A Rubbermaid tub at walmart is lesser quality that the same tub at a better place.

Walmart has driven their supplier to the brink of collapse and the answer is poorer quality. Walmart, at least in 2007, doesn't care anymore. It WAS an honourable company, once upon a time. Now it cares about $$$$.

In due time, ALL the oil at Wallyworld will look similar to namebrand stuff, but when you read the details, it will be some poorer quality substitute.

You may think I am a Walmart basher -- and I am in some ways. But I still shop there regularly. But beware -- the products there, even from the same company, are NOT the same thing as offered elsewhere.

Only a matter of time till it hits the oil shelves as well.

A friends wife works the corporate side of Nordstoms and tells the same story's you hear about Walmart. Says she can't believe they could play any dirtier than her company, or any of the other big retailer for that matter. Says as far as muscling suppliers, Home Depot is probably the worse. They all do it.

Quote:

You can bash Walmart all you want but they have whatever you want, when you want, at the price you want. The selection is Great there and the closeouts are even better.

The only things I'll ever buy from that place are motor oil and filters

I will never buy from WallyWorld. They treat their employees like dirt. I'd rather pay more and keep the smaller places who care about quality and customer service open.

Quote:

You can bash Walmart all you want but they have whatever you want, when you want, at the price you want. The selection is Great there and the closeouts are even better.

No one would EVER shop there again after seing "Walmart, the the high cost of low prices".
nono.gif
This company will actually make you sick to your stomach. Rent the dvd and learn.

Quote:

Quote:

They hardly ever have anything I want. Most of the stuff is the lowest quality they can find. If you want cheap junk, sure its the place to go.
thread.gif

Most of the stuff they sell just takes up space. By the cart load people suck the stuff up. Now if you're going to throw away your money, then surely you would be wise to get as much junk for your dollar as possible. They have virtually nothing I need that I can't do better at somewhere else. The trip itself ..the lines ..the hassle. In my case it's worse than going to The Home Depot for 3 bolts. If my wife has some other reason to go there (seasonal stuff) ..then I cruise the oil/auto section. I haven't bought any there in awhile. I doubt that I'll ever do it again ..for obvious reasons.

The oil section is pretty decent in terms of price. YMMV on selection. The winds of WallyWorld can blow in unpredictable directions.

Quote:

Quote:

No one would EVER shop there again after seing "Walmart, the the high cost of low prices".
nono.gif
This company will actually make you sick to your stomach. Rent the dvd and learn.

Then watch Penn & Teller's "B.S." episode 51 on Wal-Mart to get a different perspective.

I'm right there with Gary on this one.. They're the only ones that carry the GE Nighthawk headlight bulbs, and they always have em in H7, 9004, 9005, but never in the 9003 this car has. Never. The rack is there, but it never changes, always empty. Walmart sucks, no question about it. It was handy they allowed me to swap out one grade of Mobil 1 groupII synthetic swill for another, but aside from that...?

I got no use fer em.

Still loving the Wallster...you can have whatever reason in the world to hate the place and it sure as heck is not going to change my mind or shopping one iota

Goose
patriot.gif

Now let me get this right, you are trying to say the same manufactor makes two products, one they sell to Walmart the other to Mom/Pop stores. You need to go outside and watch for the Black helicopters. They buy bulk, same Distribution center ships to every store, whether it be Walmart, Sears , Target ,etc.. When those products are made, casted,molded whatever, they all go through the same standards of quality control. Walmart has become so large it can bully its suppliers to get better deals or threaten them to replace them with another supplier that would kill to get a Walmart contract, that of which they pass on to you which you now condemning them on getting.

“Wal-Mart says they plan to open 90 stores in China by the end of next year. 90 stores. Well, that makes sense. I guess they figure they might as well open stores in China. That's where all the stuff is made.”

-Jay Leno

Quote:

Now let me get this right, you are trying to say the same manufactor makes two products, one they sell to Walmart the other to Mom/Pop stores. You need to go outside and watch for the Black helicopters. They buy bulk, same Distribution center ships to every store, whether it be Walmart, Sears , Target ,etc.. When those products are made, casted,molded whatever, they all go through the same standards of quality control. Walmart has become so large it can bully its suppliers to get better deals or threaten them to replace them with another supplier that would kill to get a Walmart contract, that of which they pass on to you which you now condemning them on getting.

Ever wonder what happens to factory seconds? Items outof control spec for quality, but in spec 'to work'?

Even in this age of six-sigma, errors and defects come to pass. The more of this barely saleable, yet high value stuff can get sent to the shelves of a store the better.

I really have to wonder what people would really like to give in the age of expected corporate growth, stock market returns, guaranteed dividends, ensured quality, and human rights in the third world. There is only so much money to go around, and we all know that the top few percent are going to keep their share or go out of business - they can afford to. So what gives? Product quality? Human rights in China, or the stock dividend???

Apparently from the polly pocket child swallows a magnet thread, this forced provision at lower prices results in a lower quality, made in China product.

Just has to be this way. Something has to give so that the company makes a profit - both walmart and their supplier... The only place it can give is at our expense... So we will bring our own destruction and third-world quality of life upon ourselves. We have nobody to thank but ourselves.

JMH

Quote:

I will never buy from WallyWorld. They treat their employees like dirt. I'd rather pay more and keep the smaller places who care about quality and customer service open.

The employees are free to get another job if they don't like how Walmart treats them.At the local Walmarts the employees seem to like working for Walmart.

Quote:

. So we will bring our own destruction and third-world quality of life upon ourselves. We have nobody to thank but ourselves.

Yes. We'll willingly cut our own throats for a perceived "cut" ..even if we're smart enough to realize it. We truly aren't worthy of such economic mobility as a people. We use it in such irresponsible ways. We'll pile cartloads of junk on plastic and shuffle in an out of places like WM ..as though it's something that we're supposed to do. Like we would feel "empty" if not for the carting.

The French aristocracy was correct.

Quote:

A neighbor next to Ma's down south laid 5 quarts of Mobil 1 5W30 EP on me, free, he lost the receipt, didn't mean for his wife to buy it, whatever, he wasn't gonna use it.

So, 5W30 being WAAAAAY too thick for my 4-banger Hyundai, I took it to Wally World, sans receipt, and they traded me 5 quarts of 0W20 AND refunded the difference (the EP is $6.68/qt. for gard's sake!).

Truthfully, if not for free, I wouldn't have any of the Mobil 1, but for free, I'll risk the damage to my engine just this once. Anyone try the Mobil 1 0W20 yet?

way too thick?
heck, must be some special motor.
mine calls for 5w-20 and all the way up to 20W-50

I went there yesterday and bought a replacement XM radio on sale.

On the way out the alarm bell rang. The receipt checker bounced up to me and asked to see my receipt. He took it...recorded it and then handed it back to me. It took maybe a minute.

I didn't push him down to the ground. I am enjoying my XM and don't have any pending court appearances.....But I did give up my Civil Rights.
smirk.gif

Quote:

Quote:

The employees are free to get another job if they don't like how Walmart treats them.At the local Walmarts the employees seem to like working for Walmart.

Sure, they're "free" to get another job . . . that's if there are any other companies in town that haven't been driven off by Wolde-Mart, and if said job actually pays a living wage (otherwise they're no better off monetarily).

Being trapped between the well-known rock and the dreaded hard place is no choice at all.

Quote:

Quote:

. So we will bring our own destruction and third-world quality of life upon ourselves. We have nobody to thank but ourselves.

Yes. We'll willingly cut our own throats for a perceived "cut" ..even if we're smart enough to realize it. We truly aren't worthy of such economic mobility as a people. We use it in such irresponsible ways. We'll pile cartloads of junk on plastic and shuffle in an out of places like WM ..as though it's something that we're supposed to do. Like we would feel "empty" if not for the carting.

The French aristocracy was correct.

Look at the bright side - we can always blame China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back