Mobil 1 EP 5w30 20k...my new normal

What other boards?
Plenty of forums and FB groups where people briefly share their bitog experience. Now I know why. It's ok, I have thick skin. It's an open forum and bitog will always have noobs asking dumb questions; I see nothing wrong with that. I'm not a oil nerd and will never be. I always hated chemistry in school but loved physics. If some people get emotional damage from seeing dumb questions, it sounds like a personal problem to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220816-214552.jpg
    Screenshot_20220816-214552.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 48
Plenty of forums and FB groups where people briefly share their bitog experience. Now I know why. It's ok, I have thick skin. It's an open forum and bitog will always have noobs asking dumb questions; I see nothing wrong with that. I'm not a oil nerd and will never be. I always hated chemistry in school but loved physics. If some people get emotional damage from seeing dumb questions, it sounds like a personal problem to me.
I mean, that guy in the screencap isn't wrong, lol, it's a hell of a rabbit hole! BITOG has quite a few "camps". Stick around a while, it will become pretty obvious. If you haven't had somebody tell you to run Supertech yet, just wait.

And don't ever forget, the Crown Vic is not just a car, it's a religion!:D

As mentioned before I had to change my screen name from Doublehaul for tech reasons beyond my scope but as many of you know ive run mobil 1 0w40 in my Tacoma and 4runner since new at a 10k oci and using Fram Ultras for 2 10k intervals.or

Long story short went to wally world to grab a jug and they are no longer stocking it by me. In its place was the new FSx2 5w40. Spoke to a Mgr and he confirmed my store is no longer stocking the 5qt jugs of the 0w40. Knowing nothing about the 5w40 i made the decision to switch.

Supper happy to see that the EP product is now rated for a 20k oci! May be old news here but at last check only the AP product held that waiting was very expensive. The 5w30 EP 5 qt jug was around $25. I made the choice to switch from 0w40fs to the EP 5w30 in both vehicles. We drive a lot of miles and i feel pretty good about the 20k oci. I hate changing my oil with a passion...so this makes life much easier for me. As before ill continue to get UOAs at every change and post em up.

Long story short...M1 5w30 EP 20k OCI test in progress. Stand by for a UOA in doubt 6 months in the 2.7 and the 4.0 Toyotas.

Anyone else planning to take it the distance? Im betting Mobil wouldn't risk their reputation with the mileage claims.
Not on a DI engine!

Good luck. You know how they say people learn better in warm, enriching environments where you aren't made to feel stupid and afraid to ask questions for fear of being belittled and nitpicked? I think that's why the same questions get asked over and over here. LOL.

Good luck. You know how they say people learn better in warm, enriching environments where you aren't made to feel stupid and afraid to ask questions for fear of being belittled and nitpicked? I think that's why the same questions get asked over and over here. LOL.
It’s less that the same questions get asked numerous times but more that when they are answered properly the answers are subsequently discounted or ignored. Perhaps it’s because sometimes the answers do not coincide with the poster’s preconceptions. But either way this thread is a perfect example, there were several technically accurate responses in another thread yet this one was revived because an inaccurate post better fit the poster’s expectations - regardless of the substance.

I suppose if all you want are good feelings and happy unicorns regardless of the truth, then yes Bitog can be tough for that. But at least some posters here care about technical accuracy.

It’s less that the same questions get asked numerous times but more that when they are answered properly the answers are subsequently discounted or ignored. Perhaps it’s because sometimes the answers do not coincide with the poster’s preconceptions. But either way this thread is a perfect example, there were several technically accurate responses in another thread yet this one was revived because an inaccurate post better fit the poster’s expectations - regardless of the substance.

I suppose if all you want are good feelings and happy unicorns regardless of the truth, then yes Bitog can be tough for that. But at least some posters here care about technical accuracy.
Fair enough, though I've seen several instances where a question wasn't already answered properly and they were still treated pretty abrasively. Like it was a stupid question and they are an idiot for asking it in the first place. I think a lot of it has to do with the asker's approach in phrasing the question, and a lot of what you said plays into that. They may have an expectation that is wrong, etc. Such is life...lol

In many cases a new member asks a question but fails to include details such as make and model, how many miles on the engine, driving routine, etc. Then it’s like pulling teeth to try and get all this together.

You want to run it out to 20k intervals? Be my guest. I personally don't think it would hold up at all.
Me either! I wouldn't trust any oils that far. Then again have Gen2 TGDI motors in both my trusty trucks. Far from old school. Not a wise plan w/direct injection i would say. I'm a short trip driver. Racking up 6k mis p/yr at most in each of my newer Ford trucks. I stick w/ PUP @5k mi OCI & OEM filters. Has served me well for over a decade (this regimen w/ UOAs that are always very good). Both engines run smooth & quiet. 1 is an '18 F150 Lariat FX4.. the other a '20 Ranger XLT FX4. Always used PUP 5w30 in both as called for since brand new. 1st oil change i do @1000mis.

Back