Some good olive oil info

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
You can't help it if you live backwoods of Washingtown and I live in the capital.. Australia is clean and green. And that's why the produce we have is wanted (more by American's than anybody) than anywhere else on Earth. Get on a plane, visit Oz, and you will understand. But no you are stuck in backwardstown. And as for phucking Krauts America only made one mistake in WW II they nuked the wrong country. Soooo glad they just got wacked in the World Diving Championships. Chees..s

Sprintman ...relax. Nothing wrong with warranted nationalistic pride
smile.gif
..but I think that you'll find that, without regard to the high quality of your export goods, most of it is surely brokered to support a strategic ally. Sharing the costs of the respective societies within the aligned industrial/defense umbrella. You're a major link in the collective chain.

..and a good parking lot for Abrams tanks. Never know when you need to attack Indonesia.

Are we debating classical, or neo classical, music here
confused.gif
Sounds like it
dunno.gif

Canada 3rd largest market is a surprise

THE price of Australian wine fell for the fifth year last financial year, even though a record 738 million litres were exported.

The average price per litre slumped 9 per cent to $3.80 compared with $4.16 the previous year, according to the Wine Export Approval Report.
Global competition and tough trading conditions continued to eat into the price.

Bulk wine shipments dominated the export growth, accounting for 87 per cent of the growth in volume.

A total of 190 million litres of bulk wine was exported - an increase of 54 per cent over the previous year. Bulk wine now represents a quarter of all exported wine.

The popularity of red wine bulk exports fell marginally, from 64 per cent to 60 per cent.

However, white wine bulk shipments rose by 5 per cent to 40 per cent.

More cheaper wines were exported. Bulk shipments of wine priced below $2.50 a litre increased by 49 per cent to 233 million litres.

In contrast, shipments of wine in the $5 to $7.49 per litre bracket fell by 6 per cent to 111 million litres.

Bottled wine continued to hold its 70 per cent market share with 517 million litres exported during the year.

However, the growth of bottled wine fell from 13 per cent to 2 per cent but the hardest hit was bottled red with the growth falling from 14 per cent last year to 1 per cent this year. White bottled wine, however, grew by 16 per cent in the year.

Britain maintained its No1 export position with the shipment of 269 million litres worth about $960 million this year.

Exports to the US, the second biggest market, increased by 15 per cent to 214 million litres and were worth $902 million.

Canada remained Australia's third biggest market, with wine exports increasing by 16 per cent to reach 51 million litres worth $249 million.

China and Sweden's love for Australian reds continued to dominate the market.

In China, an expanding middle class, rising incomes, a growing interest in Western lifestyles and the health benefits of red wine contributed to the increase of wine exports to the country.

A total of 13 million litres worth $21 million was shipped to China, while 15 million litres worth $50 million were exported to Sweden.

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
Yes, just like the wrestler, Mr. Perfect!

Mr. Perfect is dead. He died from a heart attack, brought about, from what I heard, eating to much fatty kangaroo steak prepared in sub-standard Australian olive oil and washed down with copious quantities of second-rate Australian wine...
grin.gif

Kangaroo is about the leanest meat there is. As the U.S is by far our largest export market for our olive oil and only a tad behind Britain for wine what does that say about you? The U.S will pass Britain for wine imports this year. Our biggest export to you by far is meat. Somebodys enjoying our stuff.

Ease up, I was just having a bit of fun with you. Didn't you see the smiley face?
In actuality I usually buy olive oil thats been imported from Australia, good stuff.
I have had kangaroo tenderloin and tail, I prefer American Venison, Elk/ White Tail deer in the lean meat department though.
I am not much of a beer or wine drinker, I enjoy bourbon or a good single malt scotch. Perhaps, since according to you Australia makes the best everything, you could recommend to me a single malt scotch made in Australia??

Brandy and Rum yes. Never looked at whether Scotch is made here but of course the real thing can only come from Scotland. I'm a Bourbon man too. Makers Mark is my favourite, very smooth.

This is probably the best single malt scotch made in Australia.

Outside of the other Queen's holdings ..is it also the best?? The best psuedo-Scotch known to man???

I would hope so.
grin.gif

Check the URL, no blending. I'm attempting to get a bottle. Not my thing but a guy at work is a walking whiskey expert. I'll get his opinion. Bourbon for me thanks..s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back