Social media - like Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facebook is never going away, I knew this awhile ago but was already 100% invested at the time Facebook (META) stock got beat into the ground I thought about buying it and selling off something else, which I didnt do. Too bad for me, stock is up exactly 200% today from one year ago when there took over a billion dollar hit from Apple new privacy settings limiting what apps can do when you do not have them open on your phone.
I have seen it morph into almost another forum platform, from community webpages across the country and world, to every single hobby in the world all connected.
It is what you make of it and like anything dealign with strangers, dont trust anyone and everything people you do not know in real life.
Meaning, discussion is fine, keep your personal information personal with you and your family.

The worst part of social media including BITOG are the influencers. You know who you are 🥴
yes, no man should tell another man what he should pump and dump in his sump. and if he's a "pre-filler or not" man just to personal as long as you make sure you pre-lube and don't double gasket. o_O:whistle:🤯🫣

I have multiple multiple members of my Family and close friends who have moved away and some far away that I no longer see or speak with them often as I would like. Facebook is convenient to see my Family and friends. Like anything else, keep it simple!!!
Exactly, many do not go into their privacy settings on Facebook. I am willing to bet, just like less than 20% of the people in the USA doesnt choose to lock their credit reports for free I bet only 20% of people choose to use the incredibly extensive privacy controls that Facebook offers.
I am willing to say that even 80% of BITOG users that do you Facebook do not know you can block EVERYONE on Facebook from seeing your profile and all your photos etc and only allow people who you allow as friends to see it. More or less your Facebook profile is locked to outsiders and only available to the people on your Friends list. (contact list)

I am also under the belief you need to pay journalists to report the news. Does not matter whether you are liberal or conservative you need someone to accurately report the news. Newspapers have always had ads in the printed newspaper and you still paid a little for the actual newspaper. So either accept some ads or pay a little for a digital subscription.

People should be skeptical about news that does not come from a well known newspaper or TV or radio website. Include AP also.

When I delivered newspapers after school it was $0.42 for 6 days and an extra $0.15 for the Sunday.

Exactly, many do not go into their privacy settings on Facebook. I am willing to bet, just like less than 20% of the people in the USA doesnt choose to lock their credit reports for free I bet only 20% of people choose to use the incredibly extensive privacy controls that Facebook offers.
I am willing to say that even 80% of BITOG users that do you Facebook do not know you can block EVERYONE on Facebook from seeing your profile and all your photos etc and only allow people who you allow as friends to see it. More or less your Facebook profile is locked to outsiders and only available to the people on your Friends list. (contact list)
I don't have anything on my Facebook profile. All I've posted on Facebook is that I want to run the Arizona gambler 500 and I run gl5 in my transfer case that says gl4 only

I am also under the belief you need to pay journalists to report the news.
Thats a shame, the journalists of today all have agendas and the news reported goes by the interpretation of the news. No politics here, remember the Steele Dossier to try to take down an American President or prevent his election?
It was all fake, ALL FAKE and the major newspapers (the most respected in this country by some) completely ignored sources alleging that it was false, in fact in some cases for years and only many years later after the it was out of the public eye admitted they were wrong.

I only bring up this one case (no names, no politics) because this is the most extensive example of what takes place everyday in the "paid" media. It's so large scale as to try to prevent the election of a President.

What is also known, if you are a reporter and want to be with the "in crowd" at special events all over the country, you make sure you align yourself with who you want to be with by not trashing them in the media.
PROFESSIONAL media is big business, the only thing that matters is to sell advertising revenue, to return profits to the shareholders.
One might be better off to investigate everything that is reported on your own.

... and so Christmas weekend starts! Merry Christmas everyone... time to enjoy family visiting.

Being an APPLE user across all platforms your post made me do a quick search because I know they have anti tracking and 2 options to hide your IP address built in.
I wish it was this simple. Apple includes known domains that use API, or Canvas fingerprinting not Fingerprint RANDOMIZATION like Brave or Firefox (Firefox is more resilient but needs manual enabling), and there's first-p
arty isolation, ECH, and a lot more. Safari is not very private by design.

I wish it was this simple. Apple includes known domains that use API, or Canvas fingerprinting not Fingerprint RANDOMIZATION like Brave or Firefox (Firefox is more resilient but needs manual enabling), and there's first-p
arty isolation, ECH, and a lot more. Safari is not very private by design.
Oh, I’m not really disagreeing with you, however, even the most basic protections people don’t take on their own

People should be skeptical about news that does not come from a well known newspaper or TV or radio website. Include AP also.
Completely and flatly absolutely wrong. I cannot be more clear on this.

It does NOT matter where the news comes from. It's ALL bent, distorted, manipulated and sometimes straight up propaganda. I can't believe in 2023 someone would actually be that gullible.

Oh, I’m not really disagreeing with you, however, even the most basic protections people don’t take on their own
Sadly this is reality. It's prudent to look after one's privacy online and the tools that's used to navigate the web as we on BITOG look after our cars, bikes, equipments and the means to actualize the best outcome. Time is changing and online life is becoming disgusting with regards to dirty means of tracking.

An in
Thats a shame, the journalists of today all have agendas and the news reported goes by the interpretation of the news. No politics here, remember the Steele Dossier to try to take down an American President or prevent his election?
It was all fake, ALL FAKE and the major newspapers (the most respected in this country by some) completely ignored sources alleging that it was false, in fact in some cases for years and only many years later after the it was out of the public eye admitted they were wrong.

I only bring up this one case (no names, no politics) because this is the most extensive example of what takes place everyday in the "paid" media. It's so large scale as to try to prevent the election of a President.

What is also known, if you are a reporter and want to be with the "in crowd" at special events all over the country, you make sure you align yourself with who you want to be with by not trashing them in the media.
PROFESSIONAL media is big business, the only thing that matters is to sell advertising revenue, to return profits to the shareholders.
One might be better off to investigate everything that is reported on your own.

... and so Christmas weekend starts! Merry Christmas everyone... time to enjoy family visiting.
I understand what your are saying but a reporter is your best chance of getting accurate news reported. Better than someone who sits in an office who tries to write articles without having witnessed event.

It comes down to who you trust to bring you accurate news. I think PBS is fair & balanced.

I think FOX News probably has mostly accurate news if you watch the news only segments and not delve into the entertainment segments.

My 80 year dad has been brain washed because of what a certain news channel feeds him everyday. He was never political until six years ago. It’s not fun to be around him these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back