SoCal Pennzoil Ultra trade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No longer running 5W30. Looking to see if anyone would like to trade some oil. I have 7 quarts of Ultra 5W30 SN. All dates from early 2013. Looking for some 5W20 FMCSB. Anyone in the Ventura county looking to trade please let me know.

Originally Posted By: mv6845
No longer running 5W30. Looking to see if anyone would like to trade some oil. I have 7 quarts of Ultra 5W30 SN. All dates from early 2013. Looking for some 5W20 FMCSB. Anyone in the Ventura county looking to trade please let me know.

Dude, that Dexos1 and Honda HTO-06 certified, not to be outdone by those Euro A1 and B5, ULTRA is way better then that Ford spec only MC and if you look at my sig, I am a huge fan of MC 5w-20. Obviously there is a factor in this equation I must be missing and it must be MC 5w-20 superlative performance *with* FE that is "specific to your application" to the exclusion of protection etc et al?! "It's just slicker" is how someone once explained the magic concoction that is MOTORCRAFFFFTTT by ford.

Last edited:
Sold my car that ran 5W30 and my new car specs 5W20.

Yea but still... I'd use it. If it really bothered you, you could add a quart at each oil change to get rid of it. Your engine won't notice, and we won't tell. If you checked your manual it would probably say 5w-30 is acceptable.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Sold my car that ran 5W30 and my new car specs 5W20.

Yea but still... I'd use it. If it really bothered you, you could add a quart at each oil change to get rid of it. Your engine won't notice, and we won't tell. If you checked your manual it would probably say 5w-30 is acceptable.

I'd do the same thing (half and half maybe). In warm SoCal a slightly heavier weight would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back