So what's the "go-to" PEA based fuel additive? Indirect and direct injection engines...

the same style bottle with nearly the same writing but for the Hyundai logo with no claim of additional PEA or anything...I'd bet it is exactly the same as what you can buy at the store...the ounces per bottle and price being the big differences...

Bill

States with TECHRON Technology on top front of the HYUNDAI 20 ounce bottle . Treats up to 20 gallons . Would be higher dose for ACCENT , ELANTRA or those with smaller engines / tanks . KIA included .

Where is this disinformation coming from?
Please consult this official list, which very clearly lists Exxon as being Top Tier.

Well this is news to me and thanks for the link.
There was a hub bub here a few years ago about name brand fuel companies dropping their TT certs and when I went to the TT site Exxon wasn't there. This must be an updated list.

I agree buy topteir fuel where possibly forget this diy chemistry I all ready says diy math to regular no. topteir to topteir level 1 1/3 oz Techron concentrate plus to 10 gallon fuel will bring to topteir level.
I can't really follow your posts but your math only works when using Techron in Chevron gasoline...you have no idea how much Techron you would need to add to other brand gasolines to get to what might be considered Top Tier...especially since most of us have no idea so it's just guessing...

as for the bottles of Techron...if the Hyundai bottle says 20 oz to 20 gallon ratio and Chevron claims 1 ounce to 1 gallon ratio...then the Hyundai bottle should be the same as you can buy with Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner...no more PEA than their regular stuff bought at many places including Walmart...

Good luck with your car...

Bill

I can't really follow your posts but your math only works when using Techron in Chevron gasoline...you have no idea how much Techron you would need to add to other brand gasolines to get to what might be considered Top Tier...especially since most of us have no idea so it's just guessing...

as for the bottles of Techron...if the Hyundai bottle says 20 oz to 20 gallon ratio and Chevron claims 1 ounce to 1 gallon ratio...then the Hyundai bottle should be the same as you can buy with Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner...no more PEA than their regular stuff bought at many places including Walmart...

Good luck with your car...

Bill
It guess for sure like you say but for someone who want get as close to topteir additive level only option is ready available additive that best guess work you can used get to that level or say you want used pea to clean injector and combustion chamber slowly steadily.

The ACCENT has a 11.9 gas tank and the Elantra 14 gallons . A higher dose that's fine by HYUNDAI / KIA .

IMG_4490.JPG
IMG_4495.JPG
IMG_4494.JPG

I must be missing your point...if you use Techron in a higher dose than recommended (20 oz in an 11.9 gallon gas tank) than it is indeed a higher dose...I have used Techron in such a way when I have used it to help with a certain issue or when I have bought or worked on a vehicle where I can't confirm its previous life without issue...

the 1/1 ratio is a Chevron/Techron recommendation only...

Good luck with your vehicle

Bill

Techron Concentrate treat rate has always been 1oz per 1 gallon of gasoline.

There other other Techron versions for small engine and marine, I’m not sure of those treat rates.

Walmart sells a 10oz bottle that treats 15 gallons but it’s the same Techron Concentrate sold in the 12oz, 20oz, and 32oz bottles. The Walmart bottle is just a smaller bottle marketed as a better value at a lower price point.
Which Walmart bottle are you referencing as a better value at lower price point?

The ACCENT has a 11.9 gas tank and the Elantra 14 gallons . A higher dose that's fine by HYUNDAI / KIA .

View attachment 113897View attachment 113898View attachment 113899
Imagine that an automaker endorsing a product, in the form of an "additive." People will say all you need is top tier gas and nothing else. I guess Hyundai begs to differ, or they have a problem and are hoping to reduce warranty claims by giving a fuel system additive their blessing. Others do the same, so maybe there is some benefit from some of these "additives/snake oils," as some refer to them.
27.gif
;)

All this for a $6 bottle once or twice per year. I use Techron at every oil change and TT fuel. All my vehicles have port injection and so the hope is to really minimize intake deposits. Seems like a cheap and reasonable maintenance procedure and life goes on.

we have local decent product, fish smell galore.
628-4_vif-super-benzin-aditiv-ceske-aditivum.jpg

problem is the buttdyno likes this more https://www.ravenol.de/en/product/motorenoel/2-takt-motorenoel/ravenol-outboardoel-2t-fullsynth
it´s like swiss clock. :)
since i carry in tank a months old petrol (just need for warmup), tcw3 seems to mitigate issues related to that.
imho, tcw3 should function as storage+lube+cleaner additive in one.

Which Walmart bottle are you referencing as a better value at lower price point?
with the concentration the same, I go with whomever has the least expensive per ounce retailer...in my area and buying ahead during sales, that retailer is never Walmart...

Good luck with your car

Bill

Imagine that an automaker endorsing a product, in the form of an "additive." People will say all you need is top tier gas and nothing else. I guess Hyundai begs to differ, or they have a problem and are hoping to reduce warranty claims by giving a fuel system additive their blessing. Others do the same, so maybe there is some benefit from some of these "additives/snake oils," as some refer to them.
27.gif
;)
Or they recognize not every has easy access to top tier gas or will use it, hence the additives.

Not me - I’ve had Techron get rid of a miss at idle several times - even Top Tier has minimal additives and I will use PEA once per oil change or for cause …
I've had similar results, and had MMO fix the float causing a gas gauge malfunction in a couple of vehicles over the years. IIRC Techron has done that for some people too. Go figure.

Before Covid it was better value now it 8.74 for 10oz but Napa concentrate plus is on sale for 12 oz $4.99 and 32oz for 12.99.

Before Covid it was better value now it 8.74 for 10oz but Napa concentrate plus is on sale for 12 oz $4.99 and 32oz for 12.99.
That doesn’t tell me which one at Walmart he’s referencing. That just tells me about Napas.

Back