So what's the "go-to" PEA based fuel additive? Indirect and direct injection engines...

While we are discussing PEA, I'm wondering how much Techron should I put into fuel tank to make regular gas toptier? Do we have a diy blend formula?

While we are discussing PEA, I'm wondering how much Techron should I put into fuel tank to make regular gas toptier? Do we have a diy blend formula?
Before when Techron concentrate plus 35 % now it 10-25 by new msds from 2021 so i did my research it few years back was 1 oz per 10 gallon to get 400ppm ( no evidence to prove my estimate ). Now it lower pea I will 1 to 1 1/3 oz per 10 gallon . Make I will now go above 1 1/2 oz per 10 gallon. Lower rate ratio better then higher since you using every fill up( my 2 cents).

Gumout regane lower pea contains and has higher price like gumout regane and high mileage is up 19 now before 21 old and all in one old 35 now 25 gallon gas when you color it lighter than old ( I know color not indicates contains pea ). Techron concentrate plus and redline s-1 1 choice if you can’t find gumout and Lucas deep clean.
Holy I can't understand what's the hell you're saying Batman.

I was thinking the same thing. My brain hurt after trying to decipher two posts.

Gumout AIO, Gumout Multisystem, Techron, Redline, Amsoil PI… use whatever you have on hand or can purchase locally/quickly. Buy Top Tier gas, and motor on. None of these (or any others) are a magic bullet; the very best possible outcome they can provide is getting your injectors as clean as they were new. It’s not like the “right” additive will add HP or mileage or anything… fact.

Op, in addition to giving it a good dose of something with PEA, consider cleaning the MAF, MAP, and throttle body. There are youtube videos on how to do it. You can clean the throttle body with out removing it. Disconnect the battery negative so the throttle body can not move and damage your fingers, remove MAF, and MAS, so you do not damage them, spray the plate and a microfiber towel and clean the oitside, then slowly open the plate and spray a clean microfiber towel and clean the inside of plate and inside of id of area around where plate is. Clean MAF, and MAP, if screws that hold them screw into plastic, be sure to not overtighten them. Reconnect electrical connections to sensors, reconnect battery and do an idle learn.

basically gumout regane is not value for money they lower pea % and treat rate old is 21 vs new 19 for gumout out regane and gumout all in one old 35 gallon to new 25 gallons. Techron concentrate plus and redline s-1 is best price to pea ratio.

Before when Techron concentrate plus 35 % now it 10-25 by new msds from 2021 so i did my research it few years back was 1 oz per 10 gallon to get 400ppm ( no evidence to prove my estimate ). Now it lower pea I will 1 to 1 1/3 oz per 10 gallon . Make I will now go above 1 1/2 oz per 10 gallon. Lower rate ratio better then higher since you using every fill up( my 2 cents).
Techron Concentrate treat rate has always been 1oz per 1 gallon of gasoline.

There other other Techron versions for small engine and marine, I’m not sure of those treat rates.

Walmart sells a 10oz bottle that treats 15 gallons but it’s the same Techron Concentrate sold in the 12oz, 20oz, and 32oz bottles. The Walmart bottle is just a smaller bottle marketed as a better value at a lower price point.

I have a 3 year old and I’ve taught elementary/MS before and I can understand maybe 12% of his

There other other Techron versions for small engine and marine, I’m not sure of those treat rates.

Walmart sells a 10oz bottle that treats 15 gallons but it’s the same Techron Concentrate sold in the 12oz, 20oz, and 32oz bottles. The Walmart bottle is just a smaller bottle marketed as a better value at a lower price point.
I don’t not 100% sure if Walmart 10oz is same as 12oz there few members here they say it might little more pea then regular concentrate plus but other it say up to 15 gallon can marketing so never no until get tested by lab but the treat rate 1 oz per 1 gallon but to get normal treat rate 1 oz to 1 gallon get pea close regular gas pump level (400ppm per wiki other sources I have read ) base my opinion it 1 oz to 1-1/3 oz 10 gallon for regular treat rate . Marine 1 oz per 10 gallon and small engine 1 oz to 4 gallon fuel.

Last edited:
basically gumout regane is not value for money they lower pea % and treat rate old is 21 vs new 19 for gumout out regane and gumout all in one old 35 gallon to new 25 gallons. Techron concentrate plus and redline s-1 is best price to pea ratio.
Now I get it.

I don't think he was trying to know how much Techron to gasoline for their treatment...I think he was trying to see if he could add Techron alone to make his non Top Tier gasoline, Top Tier...perhaps easier to just buy Top Tier in the first place...

Bill

I don’t not 100% sure if Walmart 10oz is same as 12oz there few members here they say it might little more pea then regular concentrate plus but other it say up to 15 gallon can marketing so never no until get tested by lab but the treat rate 1 oz per 1 gallon but to get normal treat rate 1 oz to 1 gallon get pea close regular gas pump level (400ppm per wiki other sources I have read ) base my opinion it 1 oz to 1-1/3 oz 10 gallon for regular treat rate . Marine 1 oz per 10 gallon and small engine 1 oz to 4 gallon fuel.
The Walmart 10oz bottle is the same exact formula as the 12oz, 20oz, and 32oz formulas. I emailed Chevron a couple years ago and asked them. As I recall, a couple of other members here did the same thing. It’s the same exact formula, but Walmart signed a deal with Chevron to produce a smaller bottle to fit more on the shelves (more sales transactions) and labeled it 15 gallons for a better value for the price point (marketing).

I don't think he was trying to know how much Techron to gasoline for their treatment...I think he was trying to see if he could add Techron alone to make his non Top Tier gasoline, Top Tier...perhaps easier to just buy Top Tier in the first place...

Bill
I say 1 oz to 1 1/3 oz regular concentrate plus with 10 gallon fuel it give treats rate close at Techron pump ( 400 ppm)

I say 1 oz to 1 1/3 oz regular concentrate plus with 10 gallon fuel it give treats rate close at Techron pump ( 400 ppm)
Yes, I think your calculation is pretty close to what the Techron pump gas treat rate is.

It doesn't matter because they cannot "interact" with GDI as the whole point of the issue is that unlike PFI, the gasoline never washes the intake valve. You can try to put unicorn-tears© into a fuel injection cleaner and you know what? It won't matter either as the unicorn-tears® will never touch those valve stems....
It will clean the injectors.

Hyundai / Kia have a 20 ounce bottle ( supplied by Techron ) , so 2 Techron 10 ounce for one treatment .

Hyundai / Kia has an 20 ounce bottle ( supplied by Techron ) , so 2 Techron 10 ounce for one treatment .
Yes Kia / Hyundai is more concentrated but price will very high compare auto parts when they 50% or bogo like now Napa 12 oz 4.99 and 32 oz 12.99 . Techron pea is slow and steady is better because chevron give disclaimer that no more 3 treatments in 1 give oci of vehicles ( I believe pea pass engine and mixed oil it effect oil that they do not like . On my opinion I will used 1 or 2 treatment at end oci or if you think injector bad then 1 oz 10 gallon every fuel tank better idea then i higher concentrate.

Back