So what's the "go-to" PEA based fuel additive? Indirect and direct injection engines...

I say 1 oz to 1 1/3 oz regular concentrate plus with 10 gallon fuel it give treats rate close at Techron pump ( 400 ppm)
...and how did you come to that conclusion???...at least in reference to the original question of how much Techron Complete to add to non Top Tier gasoline to become "top tier"...

Bill

...and how did you come to that conclusion???...at least in reference to the original question of how much Techron Complete to add to non Top Tier gasoline to become "top tier"...

Bill
Few year back chevron used say in there website that chevron concentrate plus is 10 times more concentrate then what pump.

basically gumout regane is not value for money they lower pea % and treat rate old is 21 vs new 19 for gumout out regane and gumout all in one old 35 gallon to new 25 gallons. Techron concentrate plus and redline s-1 is best price to pea ratio.
I don't think is accurate. Regane can be had for $6/6oz. Redline is currently $20+/15oz. Techron $12/12oz.
At last check they are all around 25-30% PEA. So, techron and regane are about the same.

Please show your math.

I don't think is accurate. Regane can be had for $6/6oz. Redline is currently $20+/15oz. Techron $12/12oz.
At last check they are all around 25-30% PEA. So, techron and regane are about the same.

Please show your math.
And Regane also has PIBA in it vs. just PEA alone.

Please show your math.
Gumout has changed there product label they no remove pea deep clean now carbon clean second I have check all new gumout regane , all in one but lower there treat ratio 35 to 25 gallon and Reagan has 21 to 19 gallon so tell me why gumout did remove this when you check color of new gumout to old there different colors ( I know color not indicate pea % but will all information I have it ok to say they lower pea % ). Techron concentrate plus can get for now Napa for 12 oz for 4.99 and 32 oz for 12.99 and all national auto parts run sale buy one get 1 off or buy 1 get 2 50% regular bases.

Do you have proof that the Hyundai/Kia fuel system cleaner is more concentrated than Techron. You’re the second person I’ve seen state this but I haven’t seen any proof. Just think we should nip this in the bud before it becomes urban legend.
Dear no I do not have proof but I have read here bitgo few members posted . I myself just buy regular concentrate plus since it cheaper and near Kia / Hyundai store is 45 minutes away so.

Gumout has changed there product label they no remove pea deep clean now carbon clean second I have check all new gumout regane , all in one but lower there treat ratio 35 to 25 gallon and Reagan has 21 to 19 gallon so tell me why gumout did remove this when you check color of new gumout to old there different colors ( I know color not indicate pea % but will all information I have it ok to say they lower pea % ). Techron concentrate plus can get for now Napa for 12 oz for 4.99 and 32 oz for 12.99 and all national auto parts run sale buy one get 1 off or buy 1 get 2 50% regular bases.
As of right now, gumout regane MSDS:
Polyetheramine 220795-29-9: 10 - 30%

This covers the larger bottle as well, which both have 1 bottle/21gal tank treat rate per their website. So the large 12oz bottle is 10-15%, and the small bottle is 25-30% in my estimation.
The larger bottle was only sold at auto parts stores, and is basically a gimmick to make you think you're getting more. But its the same PEA/bottle.
Also PIBA is an amine, so not sure if it is similarly covered by that same CAS#. Or if they simply are slow to update the MSDS.
I see the new bottles say 19 gallons vs 21...is that really a big deal? All in One is not as cost effective, sure agree.

You're comments on color are totally irrelevant.

Chevron Techron lists 10-20% trade secret.
So, sure on sale it could be a better deal, and even then its close. But at normal price it is not a deal.

Last edited:

This covers the larger bottle as well, which both have 1 bottle/21gal tank treat rate per their website. So the large 12oz bottle is 10-15%, and the small bottle is 25-30% in my estimation.
The larger bottle was only sold at auto parts stores, and is basically a gimmick to make you think you're getting more. But its the same PEA/bottle.
Also PIBA is an amine, so not sure if it is similarly covered by that same CAS#. Or if they simply are slow to update the MSDS.
I see the new bottles say 19 gallons vs 21...is that really a big deal? All in One is not as cost effective, sure agree.

So, sure on sale it could be a better deal, and even then its close. But at normal price it is not a deal.
I 6 oz gumout regane ( blue bottle ) ok for price and all in one is not cost effective . Since $5.97 regane is 6 oz to Techron concentrate plus 4.99 . Gumout multi system tune up and high mileage is good . Still all new change only give hints that they lower pea ? If not tell why you lower treat rate to product if they contain same pea % as before ?

Do you have proof that the Hyundai/Kia fuel system cleaner is more concentrated than Techron. You’re the second person I’ve seen state this but I haven’t seen any proof. Just think we should nip this in the bud before it becomes urban legend.
the same style bottle with nearly the same writing but for the Hyundai logo with no claim of additional PEA or anything...I'd bet it is exactly the same as what you can buy at the store...the ounces per bottle and price being the big differences...

Bill

Few year back chevron used say in there website that chevron concentrate plus is 10 times more concentrate then what pump.
of course your conclusion would only work for Chevron gasoline that already has Techron in it (you claim Chevron said 10 times concentration) but the TumblrDucks was asking how much Chevron Techron to add to bring a non Top Tier gasoline up to top tier specs...how could we ever know that since we can never know how much of whatever cleaner if any is in the non top tier gasoline...

why not cut out the middle man and just buy Top Tier fuel in the first place if it is important???...

Bill

So, sure on sale it could be a better deal, and even then its close. But at normal price it is not a deal
of course your conclusion would only work for Chevron gasoline that already has Techron in it (you claim Chevron said 10 times concentration) but the TumblrDucks was asking how much Chevron Techron to add to bring a non Top Tier gasoline up to top tier specs...how could we ever know that since we can never know how much of whatever cleaner if any is in the non top tier gasoline...

why not cut out the middle man and just buy Top Tier fuel in the first place if it is important???...

Bill
I agree buy topteir fuel where possibly forget this diy chemistry I all ready says diy math to regular no. topteir to topteir level 1 1/3 oz Techron concentrate plus to 10 gallon fuel will bring to topteir level.

the same style bottle with nearly the same writing but for the Hyundai logo with no claim of additional PEA or anything...I'd bet it is exactly the same as what you can buy at the store...the ounces per bottle and price being the big differences...

Bill
My bet is exactly the same as yours.

My bet is exactly the same as yours.
Now Techron concentrate plus pea 10-20 % before 35% or lower big drop pea % . I believe Hyundai / Kia used more pea but there no 100% . Only one I think which more is 10oz Walmart one treat 15 gallon still . This all guess and speculation since Techron chevron never released actually pea %.

Until a few years ago when Exxon dropped TT. Now the only TT fuel offered is by overpriced Shell.
Where is this disinformation coming from?
Please consult this official list, which very clearly lists Exxon as being Top Tier.

I'm starting to think there is a shortage of material. I could care less as microdosage of a PEA additive is most certainly a sure and sufficient way to make sure you have enough cleaning detergents in the fuel.
This references the top tier website which no longer has any disclaimer as to shortages. So I interpret that to mean that we are back to business as usual.
I have inquired via their contact page.

Back