So what's the "go-to" PEA based fuel additive? Indirect and direct injection engines...

Understood but it'll help the injectors, no?

Of course, I still use gas tank FI additives, but I do it along with an intake product like STP or CRC. See:

Even port fuel injection can benefit from spraying intake cleaner in, which is like $2 at Walmart unlike the above...

Berrymans B12. ;)
1656432927240.jpg

I know techron and redline were the go-to's backing the day with Gumout lately coming back into the picture. I was wondering what is the one to get or look at now days? My wife has a 2015 Ford edge with a direct injection engine. I noticed the idle felt a bit, rougher? No issues to note and the car has 60k on it.
None for me. Had nothing but issue from "no improvement" to permanent "long cranking" after treatment.

I try to run top tier fuel most of the time. The last stuff I ran was Gumout Regain on a DI ford. Didn't seem to hurt or help.

I see Hyundai rebranded bottle of techron selling on Amazon, guess that's a sign of endorsement.
The HYUNDA bottles have a higher dose than the TECHRON . Posted this . Pictures included . The Hyundai bottles at some HYUNDAI parts departments may be older than the TECHRON sold in stores ( Walmart , etc. ) . Not sure if that would have any impact . I shake the bottles of Techron not long before a fill up .

I know techron and redline were the go-to's backing the day with Gumout lately coming back into the picture. I was wondering what is the one to get or look at now days? My wife has a 2015 Ford edge with a direct injection engine. I noticed the idle felt a bit, rougher? No issues to note and the car has 60k on it.
All it will do is clean the injector nozzles, it won't touch the valves. So you'll have to get the intake valves cleaned via removal of the intake manifold when it gets worse and starts to misfire a lot.

Clean nozzles means the fuel is properly atomized, which minimizes the particulate matter formation that leads to the buildup on the valves

Mercedes and BMW both recommend Techron for gas engines. Not sure what's in the MB can, but the BMW bottle is a relabeled Chevron bottle.
Yeah, the owners manuals say don't use additives, then the owners manuals state use the additive the dealerships sell. 🤷‍♂️

I’m going to start microdosing Safeway swill with Sta-Bil Marine formula, I can smell amine in it. I used to add an ounce of SI-1 to grocery store gas(or Rotten Robbie/Valero, etc).

You probably need an intake valve service.

The HYUNDA bottles have a higher dose than the TECHRON . Posted this . Pictures included . The Hyundai bottles at some HYUNDAI parts departments may be older than the TECHRON sold in stores ( Walmart , etc. ) . Not sure if that would have any impact . I shake the bottles of Techron not long before a fill up .
Did you post this on here? If you did do you have the link? I’ve searched high and low and can’t find anything saying that Hyundai branded fuel system cleaner is higher strength than Techron.

Gumout regane lower pea contains and has higher price like gumout regane and high mileage is up 19 now before 21 old and all in one old 35 now 25 gallon gas when you color it lighter than old ( I know color not indicates contains pea ). Techron concentrate plus and redline s-1 1 choice if you can’t find gumout and Lucas deep clean.

Back