snow thrower oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the oil was full after it was quit (and not severely over-full) I doubt it's quitting (or severely sputtering) had anything to do with the oil.

I'm guessing it could have gotten clogged with too much ice and snow and began bogging severely.

Another theory: my Dad had a habit of running the snowblower with the choke partially on. Because these machines often have a 3 or 4 position choke so you can more easily turn the choke off gradually as the engine warms, it is easy to leave it on as you are working. A partially choked warm engine will be down on power and sputter severely.

Too bad you couldn't have captured the oil sample in a glass jar and marvelled at all the nasty junk in it ... especially the bottom of the jar after everything settled.
wink.gif

No trying to hi-jack this thread but can someone help me out? I have a Kohler 26HP v-twin engine, and use Motorcraft 10w-30 synthetic blend. How many hours do you think this oil will be good for? I have also noticed some oil loss but the engine only has 233.5 hours on it. Thanks guys for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back