Snake oil or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool.gif
Hard to say without knowing what's in it. I do know that running full synthetic oil can lower emissions a bit.

Come on Dave, we all know those fuel additives do not work, Maybe we should just keep this little secret between us.

I started using it in my boat, Merc 150. It picked up 100+ RPMs at WOT, the engine sounds better, it starts easier, and the exhaust smell is enough better that my wife noticed it, Also the smoking is even less than it was with the Amsoil HP injection oil. It`s nearly non exhistant. You can`t change the world overnight.
Strange thing about the product and 2 cycles, it seems to produce more power with more of a mixture where 4 cycles do not see this fenomina. The next tank I will double the amount fron 2 oz. per 15 gals. to 4 oz. We will see. It`s relativly economical to use.

Anyone that has questions should call the owner of the company and talk to him, he loves to talk and is very pleasant.

You're right Hasbeen, this stuff should be kept secret. A guy here in town has a Mazda about like yours (less mileage) I happened to be at the gas station at the same time. After a short conversation I gave his car a free treatment. Since that car is basically a 2 stroke, I put 8oz into the tank. He didn't know what it was, I just asked him to see if he could tell a difference. That was 4 days ago. Today there was a knock at the door. He wanted to know what "that" was. He was reluctant to admit it, as he like you basically don't believe in additives...... this made a difference that he could believe.
If this #%&: house ever sells, and I get up there, we'll have to go for a boat ride.....

Dave, I read your post about the RX/7 and I reminded me to put some in my wifes car, 1987 RX/7, Non Turbo. We were going for a little ride up the coast this afternoon so I thought it might be a good time to test it. I put 4 0z. in about 14 Gals.

Naw, I`m not going to say how it went, Knowone would beleive it!!!!!!

I will say though, that if I would have taken my car to a shop and left it for a week and all they did was put this stuff in it and given it back to me, They could have charged me for a new engine and I would have paid it unless I would have looked under the hood first.

I believe that about 98% of the additives on the market are just good for separating you from your money, but there are the 2% that have some value. I think the GTA fuel enhancer is one of those good ones.

I`m sure that when the Auto RX came on the market, that there were a few posts about it that said they wouldn`t use it in there lawnmowers. Now it is the best thing that has ever been produced and there are people falling all over themselves to try it because it has been proven to work. As will the GTA.

MT-10 is a great product, but I think Militec-1 is better. Very similar products, but the chlorine used is a different type chemical forulation.

quote:

Originally posted by revn247:
Found this while looking for info on the People's Republik of Kalifornia smog test. (I'm due obviously)
http://www.blueskycleanair.com/

anyone have any experience with this product?
Thanks!

I do not have any experience with this product. I just looked at their web site, and it is advertised as a 3-in-1 cleaner. Also it for use in gasoline and diesel engines. It also states that it will raise the Cetane rating in diesel engines. My understanding is that if a product raises Cetane, do not use it in gasoline engines as it will affect the Octane rating. Now if it would have stated it raises the apparent cetane level, I would buy that.
So my personal feeling, is I pass on the bluesky.

dunno.gif

Sprintman... after some research on my part, I think you should not shy away from Militec. I think that MT-10 only works with ferrous metal, but Militec works with both ferrous and nonferrous metals.

Sprintman: There are more skeptics here on this forum than anywhere else in the world. The people here want proof before they jump. You have to admit that most of use are quite anal when it comes to lubrication. We see all the time where someone will change brands of oil over just one point difference from A to B oil. The Militec will do no Damage to any internal conbustion engine as long as you do not use a Non-Detergent oil. And even then you will not get damage, you will just not get the benifit. If you do a search on Militec-1, you will see many many advantages of the product and be surprised at the people using it. Hey, if you do not want it, throw it my way.

Dave is right in his analogy, and it is important as to the differences in the clorine product used between the two. The product in the Militec has no corrosive properties.

I asked Blue Sky to answer this post. I am not sure what the MSDS on the product is or if they list one.

Thanks

Gentlemen, my post may lose some of its credibility, or perhaps gain some when I tell you BlueSky CleanAir, Inc. is my company.
That said I would like to let you know that this product has been tested and tested by California Environmental Engineering for The California Air Resources Board, Saybolt labs, Herguth Labs, individuals, truck and bus fleets around the country. Outside the country, Costa Rica is using is for some of their public busing fleets, some corporations are using it down there and it has been tested by Mexico's, Pemex Oil company. Now, non of that means anything because you have not tried it for yourselves.

Customers are passing the California Smog test, saving money on Gas and wear and tear. How does it work? I sure can't tell you but then the engineers at Cheveron can't tell you how their products work.

Go to the website, learn more about the product and read the testimonials...they are not manufactured and . BlueSky does indeed work.

As far as a product working in both Diesel and Gasoline, this does. It increases Cetane, not Octane.

This is from their website:

"BlueSky Fuel Conditioner is an additive and liquid hydrocarbon composition for use in Diesel and Gasoline powered engines and consisting essentially of a fuel and a mixture of two straight chain carboxylic acid esters, one having a low molecular weight and the other having a higher molecular weight, and wherein the conditioner mixture increases the efficiency of the engine and decreases pollution. The conditioner is mixed in a ratio of 1 part BlueSky to 1280 parts fuel.

The conditioner was developed for internal combustion engines, with the following noted attributes: The additive is comprised of a straight-chain carboxylic acid ester of a molecular weight of 125 to 200, and a combustion survivable ester of straight-chain carboxylic acid with a molecular weight of 300 – 1000. The high molecular weight chain, an excellent boundary lubricant, provides improved fuel efficiency. The high molecular weight esters survive the combustion, and are chemisorbed thus protecting the upper cylinder and rings. The low molecular weight ester acts as a solvent, cleaning the injectors, and as a boundary lubricant in the fuel delivery system. It is the synergism of the combination of these esters that yield the efficiency gains, while eliminating the need for dispersants. Dispersants containing sulfur and nitrogen will yield oxides upon combustion and thus yield pollutants.

When mixed in the normal mix ratio, 1:1280, Saybolt laboratory results where as follows: Ashless upon combustion (99.99976% weight loss after combustion) No Metals on spectrographic analysis (the chemical constituents are Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen). Remains suspended in the fuel. Based on laboratory tests, BlueSky is shipped as a “non-hazardous” material. The flashpoint is 230 degrees F."

"The Militec will do no Damage to any internal conbustion engine as long as you do not use a Non-Detergent oil. And even then you will not get damage, you will just not get the benifit."

Am curious about this statement. First, how many current vintage internal combustion engines can use non detergent oils? I would submit that there are very few. Second, how can you say that is does not do any damage to these engines? If that was the case, why did the Navy, Army. and AF prohibit the use of this in any engine system?

Believe that SAE has long since classifed SA as an obsolete performance rating for oils.

Regarding "It also states that it will raise the Cetane rating in diesel engines. My understanding is that if a product raises Cetane, do not use it in gasoline engines as it will affect the Octane rating. Now if it would have stated it raises the apparent cetane level, I would buy that" It would appear that this product cannot do both octane improvement as well as cetane improvement as the systems are opposite in how they function. Octane improvers work to reduce any tendancy for preignition or detonation. Cetane improvers workd just the opposite as they function to initiate the combustion (i.e., decrease the ignition delay interval).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back