Anyone Familiar with DT 550 Friction Reducer by G&H Petroleum Enhancer Products?

Anyone have information about DT 550 Friction Reducer by G&H Petroleum Enhancer Products? I ran across them while browsing YouTube videos looking for a good additive for my rear differential. It looks like it's a new product so the only information I've been able to find is from the seller company. They employ the wear scar testing in their videos but I've not found any lab testing. In that one test they excel even above products like Hot Shot's Secret FR3. I would like more information before adding them to one of my vehicles.

It seems the forum knows the answer to this interesting question posted in a first post by a new member. :sneaky:

1686247056925.png

Why are you looking for an additive? look for a better fully formulated gear oil... IMO.

It seems the forum knows the answer to this interesting question posted in a first post by a new member. :sneaky:

View attachment 160147

Why are you looking for an additive? look for a better fully formulated gear oil... IMO.

View attachment 160147

Thanks for the heads up. Which gear oil would you recommend for a newbie?

2019 GMC 2500HD Duramax. I've read the manual and know the weights etc. What brand?
Any of the majors would do fine. Valvoline, Mobil, etc.

The differential is one of the longest lasting components on many trucks, so it's the last place I'd risk an additive.

What is your budget? You want to order it or find it at "walmart"
I'm interested in your opinion regarding the best gear oil and why you think it's the best. You've got just shy of 20 more years experience than me on this forum. :cool:

If you want to spend $$$ Redline, Amsoil, or HPL

If you want something cheap and available in person.. For your application its not much difference.. just use something in a trusted brand name.

skip Lucas, and I probably wouldnt use supertech as my first choice but in a pinch it wouldnt hurt anything.

I am ordering HPL for the 2020 Ram.. the cost difference isnt much and I trust HPL they have an excellent reputation.
Amsoil gear oils are excellent, and redline I have used extensively in the past as a bonus it is available locally at summit racing.

With gear oil the main thing is changing it (not lifetime fill).. and change it if there is any question of contamination (after water crossing etc)

There are plenty of other great options out there.. just little reason to seek them out for your truck.
Motul, Ravenol, etc.

If you want to spend $$$ Redline, Amsoil, or HPL

If you want something cheap and available in person.. For your application its not much difference.. just use something in a trusted brand name.

skip Lucas, and I probably wouldnt use supertech as my first choice but in a pinch it wouldnt hurt anything.

I am ordering HPL for the 2020 Ram.. the cost difference isnt much and I trust HPL they have an excellent reputation.
Amsoil gear oils are excellent, and redline I have used extensively in the past as a bonus it is available locally at summit racing.

With gear oil the main thing is changing it (not lifetime fill).. and change it if there is any question of contamination (after water crossing etc)

There are plenty of other great options out there.. just little reason to seek them out for your truck.
Motul, Ravenol, etc.
Cool. Thanks for the very helpful response. Think I'll go with the Amsoil.

Just pulled the Amsoil SVT from my 4-pinion LSD with 130,000 kms on it, and it didn’t look much different from new. Not scientific but interesting all the same..

Back