Lubegard Gear Supplement/Biotech differences?

I was wondering, does anyone know if LGs gear supplement is specific to gears or could it be rebranded engine product? I'm asking because I have a couple ounces of Gear supplement left over and have a mower that needs an oil change. I wouldn't mind using it there but of course won't use it if it's a big risk.

I'm reaching out to LG as well, but curious if anyone has any insight on this?

A twist!!

This was the response I received from them this morning. Maybe it's because it's a lawn mower?
Screenshot_20230511_115010_Gmail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering, does anyone know if LGs gear supplement is specific to gears or could it be rebranded engine product? I'm asking because I have a couple ounces of Gear supplement left over and have a mower that needs an oil change. I wouldn't mind using it there but of course won't use it if it's a big risk.

I'm reaching out to LG as well, but curious if anyone has any insight on this?
It is an entirely different formula because of the different base oils, base oil viscsities, and additive package. The ILI gear additive (which is not needed) was for gearboxes.

Just an update on this I did end up putting in the gear supplement in my father-in-law's mower. He told me he got through the season and has run better than ever. Of course I did change the spark plug for him as well. But seems like the gear supplement didn't do any harm at least to the old girl.

I put the LG gear additive, yellow bottle, in my front axle to see if it would help with a whine. No real noticeable difference.

Back