Smartphone Battery Draining When Turned Off

My Sony tablet does this, it has a shorted cell. Does yours randomly shut down at like 89% charge watching youtube videos?

sounds odd.

If you are 100% sure its turned off and non-responsive.. ie tapping the power button does nothing.
I'd say you need a battery.

That phone was released about 5 years ago.. might be a good time to just move on. a similar phone can be had relatively inexpensively.. and get 5g bands etc for better coverage.

Moto G power is around 120$ on amazon.

a pixel 6a.. or maybe samsung a53 are good options.

Not that I'm seriously selling phone in your thread ;)
but I am selling a New in box pixel 6a($225) and MINT condition used fully protected s22 5g($300) not a scratch on it comes with otterbox case and glass screen protector.

Last edited:
My Sony tablet does this, it has a shorted cell. Does yours randomly shut down at like 89% charge watching youtube videos?
Yes it randomly shuts off and restarts . Mostly when I'm listening to music with a radio app

Yes it randomly shuts off and restarts . Mostly when I'm listening to music with a radio app
Yeah i think it's cooked. When you're in the home screen does it shut off? As long as it stays on long enough to complete the data transfer to a new phone i wouldn't be upset. The g6 is from early 2018 so it's served its time.

sounds odd.

If you are 100% sure its turned off and non-responsive.. ie tapping the power button does nothing.
I'd say you need a battery.

That phone was released about 5 years ago.. might be a good time to just move on. a similar phone can be had relatively inexpensively.. and get 5g bands etc for better coverage.

Moto G power is around 120$ on amazon.

a pixel 6a.. or maybe samsung a53 are good options.

Not that I'm seriously selling phone in your thread ;)
but I am selling a New in box pixel 6a($225) and MINT condition used fully protected s22 5g($300) not a scratch on it comes with otterbox case and glass screen protector.
Yes It's at 50% charge at night before I turn it off and about 8 hours later when I turn it on it's at 3% charge .

Yes It's at 50% charge at night before I turn it off and about 8 hours later when I turn it on it's at 3% charge .
And what's the percentage if you leave it on and just idling during the night. My droid only loses 2-4 percent if it isn't plugged in during the night.

And what's the percentage if you leave it on and just idling during the night. My droid only loses 2-4 percent if it isn't plugged in during the night.
I'm not sure of the percent loss when left On during the night but I want to say it's normal . It only completely drains when it's Off .

searching you can learn what kills a phone battery + how to easily prevent it!! i have a like new E-6 2020 i would let go for $50 as i replaced it with a TCL A-30 about $99 with a removable easily replaced battery. a pro or a good DIYer could prolly open + replace the battery BUT being a lower cost phone prolly not worth it.. a friend with an older I phone paid $75 for a semi pro to replace his irreplaceable battery

You should use this moto backup software to make a backup incase it conks out for good which can be sudden once you're experiencing hardware related issues like that.

Once you have a backup it can die the next minute and it won't matter. Plug a new moto in and restore and nothing of value is lost.

Back