Small engine, tiny oil filter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Changing oil with one mounted on this particular mower was a PITA. At first I couldn't find the bottom drain

I use a small Ford/Chevy Fuel Pump, mounted to a 4x2 board and alligator clips to a spare battery. Suctions all fluids easily from transmission, brakes, power steering and oils from all small engines, no need to open any bolts.

Originally Posted By: JR
no oil pressure gauge on the snapper yet, isn't snapper a samplicity owned company? I was looking at one of these motors to power a altinator to charge the bank of batteries powering my invertor. how do you like this little motor?

ken

yes briggs acquired the remainder of murray, bought snapper, simplicity, ferris, as well as massey ferguson (lawn). I wasnt implying that mtd owned snapper if thats what you thought i meant. Its just that jtk is a cub/mtd lover, and other than that we seem to see eye to eye.

Originally Posted By: JTK
I actually bought and tried a standard (red) OEM snapper mulching blade in place of the Ninja blade- to try to make this mower more quiet. It didn't do much noise-wise and didn't mulch as well as the Ninja, so back on went the ninja!

The engine is super smooth and quiet but the blade whoosh/roar is LOUD on this puppy.

It's a pleasure to mow with though. Love the drive system and differential rear-end.

Joel

cant speak of noise, but have heard of older ppl say the ninja blade makes the rope more difficult to pull.

Originally Posted By: clarklawnscape
... Its just that jtk is a cub/mtd lover, and other than that we seem to see eye to eye.

Take it easy on the 'love' stuff. You're killing me.

I don't need it to make a living.

Joel

Originally Posted By: JTK
Originally Posted By: clarklawnscape
... Its just that jtk is a cub/mtd lover, and other than that we seem to see eye to eye.

Take it easy on the 'love' stuff. You're killing me.

I don't need it to make a living.

Joel

Thats good, because if you did rely on this stuff to make a living (as i do), liking cub/mtd would put you in the poor house very quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back