SLOB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on this forum for several months now and reading it religiously. I still have yet to figure out what SLOB is??? I've figured out most of the other lingo (vsot, uoa, oci, pp, m1....) but can't figure out SLOB!! Help!

SLOB is a product from a company called CD-2, you may have heard of them. Their product that is discused here most is, "STREET LEGAL OIL BOOST". Many of us have discovered SLOB at BIG LOTS, (the close out store) where SLOB was priced from $2.00 to $1.00 and then to .50 cents for a 16 oz PINK BOTTLE. SLOB was tested using the (VOA) virgin oil analisis and showed to have a very strong addative package which, you can look up in the VOA section. Many of us baught up the shelves when we found out this VOA information. Members here at BITOG typicly recomend adding about 1 oz per qt of oil during an OCI. I don't beleive that SLOB is on the shelves at BIG LOTS any longer. It's probably on the shelves at members of BITOG only.

I have been looking for SLOB for about a month now with no luck. Saw the pink stuff at several different places before I knew what it was. Now that I want some....nutin'. I would agree to the statement that it resides upon the shelves BITOGers only. Come on guys, share the love!!!!!
grin.gif

They also had CD2 75000 mile oil treatment which had about 4000 ppm zinc (SLOB around 4800 ppm), but that may be gone also. One other CD2 oil additive may still be on the shelf, but we don't know the zinc content. There are other products of a similar nature, but not on clearance. Maybe someone needs to run a VoA or two.

Also check the for sale forum. Some BITOGers may be selling parts of their stash of SLOB.

I will keep up the quest. Still have several Big Lots in the metro area to patron. But I will add CD2 75000 to the list of treasures to find. Thanks for the info Mr. Paul.

The two Big Lots in my area are stocked full of 1.00 SLOB. I've got a few bottles already...

Quote:

I will keep up the quest. Still have several Big Lots in the metro area to patron. But I will add CD2 75000 to the list of treasures to find. Thanks for the info Mr. Paul.

I have about 100 bottles and there is still a ton of it around BigLots if you look. I'll sell if the price is right.

I didn't discover SLOB but I take credit for naming it!
banana.gif

59 bottles in the stash plus another 30 of CD-2 75k+
crazy.gif
We won't even mention the LC20, Neutra, VSOT, or arx.......

i paid $1.99 for it. still hasn't dropped to $1....
i guess i'll start using it with ST dino in the galant, once i finish my second ARX cycle...
figured dino ST can go 5k easy

So what is the generally accepted mix ratio for SLOB?

I'm hearing 1oz per quart of oil. If SLOB contains 4800 ppm of ZDDP, then diluting 1 oz ZDDP with 15 oz oil gives an additional 320 ppm of ZDDP per quart of mixed oil....right?

Is this enough, when added to the (reduced) ZDDP that the oil would normally contain?

Quote:

I just toss the whole bottle in with 4 qts of oil into my 4.1 qt sump....

Yeah, I think a bottle treats 4 to 6 quarts, but if a bottle can treat 4 quarts, then my 6 quart sump can easily accomodate 1.5 bottles of SLOB.
grin.gif

Quote:

If SLOB contains 4800 ppm of ZDDP, then diluting 1 oz ZDDP with 15 oz oil gives an additional 320 ppm of ZDDP per quart of mixed oil....right?

1 oz SLOB and 15 oz oil
SLOB 4800, oil (SM) 800
4800 - 800 = 4000
4000 / 16 = 250
800 + 250 = 1050 which is about an SL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back