Slick 50 is now a ‘ceramic’ engine treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
That video is pretty straight forward to the point. There is plenty of other videos demonstrating it from independent testers, plenty of reviews of people having oil loss and Prolong saving their engine, which is interesting because it happened in my family as well, oil filter got damaged on the highway and it drove miles without oil, Prolong was in that engine, no damage this was of course over a decade ago so possibly formula differences now.
That's called a "one armed bandit" and it's about as relevant to engine protection as how well the block stops a .50BMG round.

That video is pretty straight forward to the point. There is plenty of other videos demonstrating it from independent testers, plenty of reviews of people having oil loss and Prolong saving their engine, which is interesting because it happened in my family as well, oil filter got damaged on the highway and it drove miles without oil, Prolong was in that engine, no damage this was of course over a decade ago so possibly formula differences now.
You drove for “miles” with absolutely no oil in the engine?

You drove for “miles” with absolutely no oil in the engine?
A family member did. Check Prolong reviews there is people who had similar experiences of oil loss, I highly doubt they are all lying.

There is videos of people doing independent testing, as well as running small engines without oil that had prolong in it.

A family member did. Check Prolong reviews there is people who had similar experiences of oil loss, I highly doubt they are all lying.

There is videos of people doing independent testing, as well as running small engines without oil that had prolong in it.
Do you hang out in the rabbit hole often? Tell Bugs Bunny I say, hello.

Until it’s nanoceramic, forgetaboudit.
I :love: it...!!!

goodfellows1.gif

Prolong likely didn’t have anything to do with it. Search @RDY4WAR’s post about the crotch rocket racer that made two six-second 1/4 mile passes with no oil… but it previously ran HPL. At low load, fairly low RPMs like highway drives, any engine may be able to do that until the AW glass layer is worn away and the bearings weld to the crank or rods…

I'll just leave these posts by @MolaKule here:
MolaKule said:
Okay, thanks, so it's the Prolong Engine Treatment with their AFMT. Posters' need to delineate which OTC additive product they're referring to since OTC additive companies market a lot of different products. From the msds it appears to be primarily a mix of cleaning solvents in a napthenic carrier. If it does contain a chlorinated paraffin I would walk away (or run) from it.

MolaKule said:
"Duralube and Prolong " Those chlorinated waxes (wax - just another name for a high molecular weight ester) decompose in an engine due to thermal degradation and moisture, forming hydrochloric acids. These corrosive acids attack metals and not even the base chemicals can neutralize them. Some forms of chlorinated esters have been used in the past in gear lubes and racing engine formulations, but are now considered hazardous waste.

🍿

Not sure if it was Prolong, but I recall that back in the 90's someone would "demonstrate" how effective their product was by removing the oil pan from a car up on a lift, start it with whatever product embedded into the metal and then spray cold water up into the crank case. I think an engine could run a while with a hose shooting water into it before seizing...

Not sure if it was Prolong, but I recall that back in the 90's someone would "demonstrate" how effective their product was by removing the oil pan from a car up on a lift, start it with whatever product embedded into the metal and then spray cold water up into the crank case. I think an engine could run a while with a hose shooting water into it before seizing...
Yes and it has everything to do with load.

I'll just leave these posts by @MolaKule here:

🍿
I recall lots of what you posted here (chemical aspects of which are hard to locate sometimes) was covered in several court reports. Findings reported after some of the several times many of these "oil improver" products were taken to court to see if they could really prove the host of claims they made in lots of their television, lubrication industry writings or trade show ads. How did they make out in court? NOT! Failed. Could not prove much if any of their claims. Outcome? These court cases were hashed out and settled believe it or not over 22 years ago yet several of these products are still floating around out there for unsuspecting consumers. Words directly from FTC reports:
Additive marketers Dura Lube and Motor Up, and their principals, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that performance claims for their engine treatments were deceptive and unsubstantiated in violation of federal law. The two proposed settlements will bar false and unsubstantiated claims about the performance, benefits, efficacy, or attributes of these products.
In addition, Dura Lube will pay $2 million in consumer redress to be distributed by the FTC. The FTC has previously halted allegedly deceptive ads for Prolong Engine Treatment, Valvoline Engine Treatment, Slick 50 Engine Treatment and STP Engine Treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back