Sirius XM

Sirius XM must be getting very tired of people calling to cancel!
My renewal bill for 2021 was $364.13! (All access), so naturally I called to cancel.
While still speaking to the computer, they offered me All Access for $99.00 for the year! All I had to do was say YES.
Now, after taxes, license, and Dealer Preparation Fees (remember those?) the total price came to $135.32.
Not bad.
I use any old device and bluetooth speakers at the pool, and of course the car has it on all the time. Pretty good deal, and easier than my wildest dreams would have imagined.

$135 isn't horrible for the year. I hear of people getting $5-7/mo deals for 6mo or a year is about as good as it gets.

For the last several years, I have renewed for six months at a time for $30.00/six months. You just have to remember to call before the six month term expires or else it automatically goes back to full price. I just put a reminder in my Outlook calendar. The last time I called, I was able to renew at the cheap rate without actually speaking to a CSR.

For the last several years, I have renewed for six months at a time for $30.00/six months. You just have to remember to call before the six month term expires or else it automatically goes back to full price. I just put a reminder in my Outlook calendar. The last time I called, I was able to renew at the cheap rate without actually speaking to a CSR.
Or just use a Visa prepaid card and not worry about it automatically renewing.

I canceled on them a while back. They are absolutely relentless in trying to get me to renew. The calls...the mail...the emails. It's borderline harrassment at this point. I've "unsubscribed" a ½ dozen times. I still get no less than a piece of mail every other day and an email nearly everyday from them. I was getting calls from them too until I told them they had the wrong number.

My wife got 12 month Xm subscription for $4.99/month comes to $6.01 with taxes when the trial expired. We’re happy

I think Sirius is excellent--though I hate the yearly call-to-cancel dance.
Didn’t it go down from 20-something to 16 bucks if you forget to call … that’s what happened to my wife …
I‘ve had the Jeep six months and they are nagging me for a 5 buck/month yearly plan

I just drove over 100 miles in the middle of no-where Utah-went right by Dugway proving grounds as a location reference. No cellphone coverage but the XM SAT radio worked great. I hear ya-I just wish they would just offer the $5.00 a month (that's for the Select pkg.) without the hassle. But I have mentioned they are not alone in the "auto-renewal" gimmick. Magazines, Newspapers and others have this practice.

BTW-when you mention how much you pay-you need to mention which service package you are getting. They have at least 5 or 6.

I used to get a $25/year deal when I would cancel. I finally got so sick of their programming that I ended up not renewing, switching to audio books and podcasts.

Still had it playing in my truck for another 4 months or so. I found that Fargo, ND had the worse sat radio reception. No problems anywhere but there and my job took me to some very remote areas.

Sirius XM must be getting very tired of people calling to cancel!
My renewal bill for 2021 was $364.13! (All access), so naturally I called to cancel.
While still speaking to the computer, they offered me All Access for $99.00 for the year! All I had to do was say YES.
Now, after taxes, license, and Dealer Preparation Fees (remember those?) the total price came to $135.32.
Not bad.
I use any old device and bluetooth speakers at the pool, and of course the car has it on all the time. Pretty good deal, and easier than my wildest dreams would have imagined.

The $100 a year is their first offer. If you say no, they lower it to $60 a year. You could always call them back and they will lower it to $60. It all gets pro-rated based on the day you call so you can do this anytime even right now. They always have $60 for the year. I just did this a month ago. They always try to say it's a limited time promo but I always shut them down first and say I know you can do it, I read about it online all the time so don't waste my time saying that you're not sure if you can do it. Then they just go ahead and do it. Otherwise you have to endure their pretend talk to a supervisor or them taking a break, having a snack, going to the bathroom etc while you're on hold.

Reactions: CKN
So, once again, are all these great deals for All Access? That gives you access over the internet on any device.

So, once again, are all these great deals for All Access? That gives you access over the internet on any device.

Most packages now include streaming as well. I have the Select package. I can listen on my truck radio, on my phone and Alexa device at home. It was $5.00/month

It's the select package although that includes streaming these days.

At one point, several years ago, their stock was $0.06 per share. I was going to invest $1,000 in it and see what happened. I regret not doing that as my $1,000 would have turned in to $107K.

I have the All Access plan and rarely ever use all of the access options. Guess I should start taking advantage of the online access and listen to it more regularly.

The best deal I have seen searching is 3 years for $99 but this is for older vehicles only. Now you have to cancel and wait until they send you the offer which could take a few months or maybe never but that is where I am right now. I had it for a couple years at $30 for 6 months plus tax and royalty fees but got tired of calling every six months and when I told the lady that she offered me $60 a year so I did that for a year but then the Covid came and I started working from home so even at that price it wasn't worth it to me so I canceled but I'm still waiting to see if they offer me the 3 year deal.

I started streaming Pandora and it sounds so much better I may not go back.

sirius xm lost me when it dropped one of its two classical music stations (opera doesn’t count). 50% of a whole genre, 250 years of musical history, gone in a wink of the eye. now much happier with pandora and very occasional cd music

Back