Sig 365 - always prove your weapon

Sig's are way overrated for what they are. Seems that some put them on this mythical pedestal that they are on the top echelon of firearms, when in truth they are no better than any of the mainline brands.
I respectfully beg to differ... do not conflate commercial pistols sold by Sig Sauer or Sigarms (or whatever name they go by this week) in New Hampshire, United States with the pistols made by Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft... these are true SIGs and they are world class weapons...

Historic_Investments_SIG_P210-6_P81301_I-296_00.jpg

Yikes! The Sig P320 can fire itself! (According to the completely disinterested and wholly objective Jeff Bezos-owned Washington Post.) it sounds just as dangerous as the Audi automobile that can accelerate on its own, and cannot be stopped. Like something from a Stephen King (talk about apolitical!) book.
Probably best just to avoid firearms altogether and simply phone the professionals. After all, I hear you’re four hundred and seventy times more likely to get shot with your own firearm than successfully defend yourself!

Yikes! The Sig P320 can fire itself! (According to the completely disinterested and wholly objective Jeff Bezos-owned Washington Post.) it sounds just as dangerous as the Audi automobile that can accelerate on its own, and cannot be stopped. Like something from a Stephen King (talk about apolitical!) book.
Probably best just to avoid firearms altogether and simply phone the professionals. After all, I hear you’re four hundred and seventy times more likely to get shot with your own firearm than successfully defend yourself!
You are 1 million times more likely to die in an automobile crash if you never enter a car. And when seconds count the police are only minutes away. To each his own.

Reactions: pbm
Wheel gun, or not, I would still validate the performance of the gun before trusting my life with it.
If you mean target practice - went again last week …
BiL had a .380 S&W jam - but I don’t think he’s maintained the gun as he should … Told him if you won’t take care of it - go back to the Python …

If you mean target practice - went again last week …
BiL had a .380 S&W jam - but I don’t think he’s maintained the gun as he should … Told him if you won’t take care of it - go back to the Python …
While target practice matters, a lot, I meant performance. Revolver timing and function.

Not every wheel gun works out of the box. Timing can be off. Springs can be weak. Make certain that it works properly before trusting it.

While target practice matters, a lot, I meant performance. Revolver timing and function.

Not every wheel gun works out of the box. Timing can be off. Springs can be weak. Make certain that it works properly before trusting it.
I had a charter arms 38 lock up on me once. It was pretty scary because I couldn’t get the cylinder open and it still had live rounds in it. Not fun. Some people act as though revolvers are completely impervious to issues. And that is not the case.

In my opinion, anyone who thinks any gun is
impervious to issues doesn’t shoot enough.

Update: Gun is back from Sig. It was the trigger spring not allowing it to fire. Sig fixed it. I was able to disassemble the gun prior to shipping it off. That issue was on me.

Going to take it to the range in the next week or so to put it through its paces. Once I’m satisfied it is reliable, I might end up selling it. Haven’t quite decided yet.

It’ll be an easy sale if you don’t keep it, they’re quite popular. As I mentioned, I really like mine. I added the Wilson grip module, and put tungsten rods in it.

It really shoots well. A noticeable upgrade in controllability with the Wilson grip and extra frame weight of the tungsten.

My only gripe: the battery on that reflex sight lasts only a couple months, even in the safe. It’s a battery eater.

Last edited:
It’ll be an easy sale if you don’t keep it, they’re quite popular. As I mentioned, I really like mine. I added the Wilson grip module, and put tungsten rods in it.

It really shoots well. A noticeable upgrade in controllability with the Wilson grip and extra frame weight of the tungsten.

My only gripe: the battery on that reflect sight lasts only a couple months, even in the safe. It’s a battery eater.
No doubt. I am sure I will be able to get it sold quickly. It already has night sites. All someone needs is a holster and ammo, at the minimum, and they’re ready to carry it.

Dang. The batteries for those things probably aren’t cheap either.

Older thread, but my .02...

I've owned a dozenish Ruger firearms. Back when they got into the market with the little LC9, I just had to have one. I shot all of my P-Series and the revolvers and the 3 10-22's I owned very well, and even though the only one I could find was about a Benjamin over what it SHOULD have been selling for, I bought it.

Put maybe 30 rounds through it and it started to fail. Called Ruger, they said to send the top o the weapon in. Few days later I get an email where they admitted a bad batch of extractors had been sent out, and I had gotten one. They sent her back, and other than some janky reloaded ammo someone gave me (some crap that NONE of my guns ran) I don't think I've had it not go boom since, even if it's bone dry. I don't abuse it, it's a small gun and I used to shoot some pretty hot carry ammo, but I've put at least 500 rounds of 115 cheapest I can find on the planet in every variety and probably 120 rounds of that hot stuff, a mag of that stuff and my hand would start aching. Heck, 2-3 mags of Wolf or Tull or Blazer makes my hand ache. I switched to a lighter load in a Hurtenburger Buscadero Ticonda* and have 32 of those though it, soon to be 40 because just this weekend is my 'change out all my carry ammo weekend', which means I get to pop off 35 rounds of the good stuff. I still carry the hot stuff in my Sig and Beretta. Just bought a hundo of those :) because I caught them on sale at under a buck a round. Thank God ammo is coming back down to reasonable prices.

I really like the Ticondas. I am stopping by PSA on the way home Friday because they have some in stock. 2 boxes will get me another 5-6 years of CC -and I could stretch my OCI to 2 years instead of 18 month's and still have plenty of TBN - shoot, I got my head all mixed up ;) - and these are truly likely to go down in flames if they ever pass a law restricting 'nasty bad guy hamburger meat' rounds. They absolutely F up pork butts and bottles of high quality H2O. Before ammo went to a million dollars a round and was sold out everywhere I changed it out yearly. Christmas!

Gun parts fail. Almost all of them can be repaired. Shoot the snot out of it and if you just can't trust it because you just can't trust it (I totally get that) then sell it. A gun collecting dust is a shame, and someone out there would love to have it ;)

*credit to Paul Harrell

Back