Sig 365 - always prove your weapon

Recently picked up a new Sig 365. Though the 365 was not on my short list I opted to get it. It was good deal and I have had good luck with Sigs in the past. Figured why not.

Well, first trip to the range and the gun is broken after less than 100 rounds. After some target rounds, I decided to run carry ammo through it. Second mag in the with standard pressure 124 HPs the trigger locks up. Not sure what is going on. I sent in a warranty request on the website earlier today. Waiting to hear back. It was a slick little gun… for as long as it lasted. Total bummer. 😕

Truth be told, I’m going to be hesitant to carry the gun now even after repair. What if I had not done my due diligence and that had happened when I needed it. Unlikely, I know, but that will be in the back of my mind from now on. Kind of wishing I had gotten the Shield 2.0 plus instead. Oh well, stuff happens.

Moral of the story, alway test your weapon before putting it into service.

Attachments

• ECC55CBA-3129-4A75-87DE-9DD3745B18D8.jpeg
    ECC55CBA-3129-4A75-87DE-9DD3745B18D8.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 50
Good advice.

Weapon, mags and your choice of carry ammo need to be tested and proven before you depend on them for your life.

I’m surprised by your experience, however and I’m sorry to hear it.

My SiGs have always been flawless and a P365 is my choice for personal carry.

Good advice.

Weapon, mags and your choice of carry ammo need to be tested and proven before you depend on them for your life.

I’m surprised by your experience, however and I’m sorry to hear it.

My SiGs have always been flawless and a P365 is my choice for personal carry.
Appreciate it. It is my first bad experience with Sig ever.

About two years ago I was looking for a carry pistol and it came down to the P365 or the Springfield Hellcat. My local gun store had the deal on the Hellcat and I opted for it. I love that gun and it is almost identical in size to the P365. I've put about 1000 rounds through mine, would have been more if ammo had not been in so short supply for so long, but if you decide to look at another gun I highly recommend the Hellcat. The S&W would undoubtedly be a great gun too. I have an M&P 2.0 that I really like as well. Good luck.

I’m considering a P365 for my next purchase. Currently, I’m carrying a Taurus G3C. I picked it up on a Black Friday deal for $180 after rebate. I was skeptical since it was so cheap, but I swear that gun has been flawless so far.

Reactions: pbm
Always good practice before carrying. I opted for the Sig 365 XMACRO. Flawless so far.

I’ve tried the Hellcat - nice gun. Great reviews. It would be a great choice.

Let us know what you choose.

I’ll probably end up with a Shield at some point. That was my first pick initially. But I still have plenty of others guns I can carry while this situation is playing out.
I do not own a Shield but have shot many of them , they are my favorite in the class.

My Sig P227 (no longer made, a .45 ACP) has been absolutely reliable. Thousands of rounds, not a single malfunction, even with Winchester White box.

Same with my P365. It’s been great.

But I have found a lot of criticism of SiGs newer models. The P320 in particular. I watch “Honest Outlaw” on YouTube, and he’s had a different experience with SiG than I have. His P320 made the top ten worst gun list in his videos.

Seems like the “chassis” SiGs are the problem children. P320, P365. They’re the ones that folks are having issues with. The M-11 service pistol that I once carried, a P226, basically, was always reliable. We had a bunch of them, high round count. Never an issue.

I like that I can change out the grip modules on the “chassis” SiGs, like the P365, and mine wears a Wilson Combat grip module with Tungsten inserts. Really great feel. Really like that gun.

But the best fit and feel don’t matter if the chassis (fire control group) is unreliable.

If SiG fixes your gun, run it through the wringer to be sure it’s fixed. You need to be 100% confident in it. That might take 500 rounds or more to convince yourself.

I once had a Dan Wesson with problems. They fixed it - and I later discovered a magazine problem. It’s reliable now. 400 rounds since sorting it. 100%. I would trust it now.

Or get the Shield. The P365 is popular, you’ll have no problem selling it.

Sig's are way overrated for what they are. Seems that some put them on this mythical pedestal that they are on the top echelon of firearms, when in truth they are no better than any of the mainline brands.
Yes and no. I had a P229. I could never ever get used to the grip, trigger and the sight line on that thing. It was just me. I tried and tried. Sold it.

I love my P238, like a mini 1911. BUT alas, it had issues feeding. I didn't send it back. I replaced the spring, polished the ramp and chamber. Never a problem ever after that, so very accurate. It's easy pocket carry, but only .38ACP.

I had an old school west German P225 equivalent (P6) years ago. My first 9mm gun. Very accurate and easy to shoot. I sold it super low cost to a guy just starting to learn. I didn't really really use it the last 10 years+.

I have a Sig Nitron 1911 - which some folks say is not really a 1911. But I never have had one issue and it happens to have the best trigger and the most accurate of my 1911's.

And as mentioned earlier my P365 with no issues.

I'm not even a Sig fan. Overrated? Maybe overhyped by some for sure, but they have a decent line up.

I'm not even a Sig fan. Overrated? Maybe overhyped by some for sure, but they have a decent line up.
Every group has their fanboys. Glock, Sig, S&W, whatever. And every manufacturer has their issues. I don’t completely condemn a manufacturer unless I have consistent issues. For instance Taurus, I cannot seem to get a decent one. I just don’t buy them anymore. This experience won’t sour me from Sig, but I doubt I’m keeping this particular gun. It went down way hard. Cannot even remove the slide pin. Even if it get fixed and it is flawless afterward I know myself. I will likely gravitate toward another one of my guns that has never failed me so better to just move on.

Every group has their fanboys. Glock, Sig, S&W, whatever. And every manufacturer has their issues. I don’t completely condemn a manufacturer unless I have consistent issues. For instance Taurus, I cannot seem to get a decent one. I just don’t buy them anymore. This experience won’t sour me from Sig, but I doubt I’m keeping this particular gun. It went down way hard. Cannot even remove the slide pin. Even if it get fixed and it is flawless afterward I know myself. I will likely gravitate toward another one of my guns that has never failed me so better to just move on.
I know what you mean. After two duds, I will never buy a new S&W again

Back