Show us your pets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its good you did your research on the breed, too many people get dogs based on what they look like and as you can see when they are pups they are darn cute! They also have a habit of digging, mostly for mice but sometimes it seems just to make a hole...
The funny thing is though that the goat kids seem to automatically go and lay down in the holes when mother is off grazing. Sometimes I'll look out at the pasture and it looks like half the kids are missing but they are just hidden. I imagine its just coincidence but maybe over the centuries some kind of relationship developed?

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I assume that's your wife, is she short or is Belvedere quite big? Also what is he, looks like a very brown golden retriever?

Uhm, the dog's closer to the camera. The lens is obviously at a wide angle setting, which exacerbates foreshortening due to a close shooting distance quite a bit. Of course the dog appears proportionally larger than it is. See also ekpolk's nose in his "nose rocket" portrait.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Captain Kirk was otherwise busy, so I took a snapshot of Pixel, who also doesn't like being photographed:

pixel.jpg

Classic black cat picture!

I do fish so I know a few things about making things look bigger...
wink.gif

The dogs head is at her waist atleast and the size of the dogs foot close to hers is quite big! The dog kind of reminds me of my friends newfoundland but the coat is too straight.
Maybe my eye isn't as good as I think but I'm going to guess she's around 5'2" and the dog is 70-75lbs...

wink.gif

What are you sticking as bait in the water?
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Classic black cat picture!

I only hope I can get Captain Kirk to sit still for one lousy picture one day. If I'm not careful, I might lose an eye or a finger.
grin2.gif

I assume that's your wife, is she short or is Belvedere quite big? Also what is he, looks like a very brown golden retriever?

Here is Enzo when we first got him at about 10 weeks old.
Enzo.jpg

And Suzie last winter.
Suziesmiles_0042.jpg

Suzie is actually smiling as in happy to see me but it looks a bit scary in this pic.
Enzo is now about 15 months old and 90-100lbs and Suzie is just over 2 and 70-80lbs, they are quite lean under all the hair. Both are Maremma livestock gaurdian dogs and keep our goats from being eaten. They live out with the goats 24/7/365 but we have made sure they are quite friendly to people. The breed is not good for city life as they can bark at strangers, other dogs, or anything else that gets near their territory.

She's 5'1", and he's a Newfoundland. Currently about 85lbs at 6 months. He's a big boy.

Uhm, the dog's closer to the camera. The lens is obviously at a wide angle setting, which exacerbates foreshortening due to a close shooting distance quite a bit. Of course the dog appears proportionally larger than it is. See also ekpolk's nose in his "nose rocket" portrait.

No wide-angle setting.

He IS a large dog. When sitting in my computer chair, the top of his head is at the level of my shoulder.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
No wide-angle setting.

In that case you got a lot of depth of field there.
wink.gif

He IS a large dog. When sitting in my computer chair, the top of his head is at the level of my shoulder.

Maybe you a have short upper body.
grin2.gif

No wide-angle setting.

In that case you got a lot of depth of field there.
wink.gif

Camera is just a basic Canon Powershot G5.

grin2.gif

No, just a very large dog
grin2.gif

All the Newfies I see here have a really voluminous coat. If they wag their tails I can tell which way they are facing. I don't know how they live through our summers.

They look just about like this furball:

furball.jpg

LOL.gif

All the Newfies I see here have a really voluminous coat. If they wag their tails I can tell which way they are facing. I don't know how they live through our summers.

They look just about like this furball:

furball.jpg

LOL.gif

[censored] is THAT dog? LOL!!!

He'll look like this (fur-wise) when he's fully grown:

IMG_1777.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[censored] is THAT dog?

Cujo after a Rogaine treatment? I'm not a canine expert, but it's the size of a St. Bernard. I think a small person could ride it through the park...

wink.gif

What are you sticking as bait in the water?
LOL.gif

I was thinking more of shots like this...
Fishing-1-tight%20crop.jpg

grin2.gif

No, just a very large dog
grin2.gif

One of my friends got a female newf and she is monster too, her hair is quite curly though even as a pup. They are nice dogs though, and don't mind city life too much. Do you have a cottage? My buddy has been "rescued" a couple times at his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back