Should subway limit the number of sandwiches 1 customer can order?

Nothing like that near me. Just subway is close enough to go to lunch. There is a small sub shop across town and they had the best meatball sandwich ever! Then they took it off the menu so my only option is subway
You have an American Idol winner there, but only one sandwich shop?

:)

Customer walks up at lunch and needs 100 subs that's OK? I'm just asking your limit 300
I guess they'd better limit it to 1 per customer per day and to put stamps in your passport to log it. No passport, or already a stamp for the day - no service.... But, CBDC can take care of that, they can program your money to limit you in what, how many and when you can buy.

I guess they'd better limit it to 1 per customer per day and to put stamps in your passport to log it. No passport, or already a stamp for the day - no service.... But, CBDC can take care of that, they can program your money to limit you in what, how many and when you can buy.
So you don't have a number that's OK I just asked if you had a number in mind make 300 for the customer don't bother me.

No I don't, if line is too long - just go to another place or go with food delivery.

Or…

Third option….

That business accepts the 100 or say 400 Subs made order but…. Closes it doors to any other customers who are walk ins…

Therefore having. Time and resources and people on that 400 sub order to be made.

Or option 4…

That business refuses to make a 100-400 sub order … Because they don’t have the people or enough supplies to make them.

And or they don’t take it because they don’t want to greatly annoy their regular customers…

Or…

Third option….

That business accepts the 100 or say 400 Subs made order but…. Closes it doors to any other customers who are walk ins…

Therefore having. Time and resources and people on that 400 sub order to be made.

Or option 4…

That business refuses to make a 100-400 sub order … Because they don’t have the people or enough supplies to make them.
or new process

In that particular case a different process is the solution imho. If they cannot make large orders without holding the line, they are most likely very limited by kitchen size and staff it can fit and that work there. What they could do is to have staff filling smaller orders in parallel to large orders and make large order customer wait or make them order in advance.

In that particular case a different process is the solution imho. If they cannot make large orders without holding the line, they are most likely very limited by kitchen size and staff it can fit and that work there. What they could do is to have staff filling smaller orders in parallel to large orders and make large order customer wait or make them order in advance.

If we are talking about a HUGE order of 100, 300 or 499 …

Then like I said….

If it’s a huge order of 100 or 300 or 499 subs asked to be made….

The business can either accept it… And shut down the walk ins for business that day.

Or the business can choose NOT to accept the 100 or 309 or 499 sub order. And continue to accept regular walk in customers that day.

Now if we are taking about more mundane regular orders of say 2 to say 5 subs requests per 1 customer..

Then changing their operations pattern and staffing would certainly be a very good idea to implement.

I have ordered breakfast for like 50 people well ahead of time at fast food places - like on line order 2 days before. When I show up there still making it with a line of walk ups out the door waiting. I think there just not capable of doing anything other than 1 in, one out.

The Chipotle near my office will lock the door to slow down foot traffic during lunch. The workers just move like molasses and will sometimes only take online orders. I’ve stood there for 45 minutes waiting on an online order with 20 other people.

In fairness, it’s next to St. Louis Universiry so it’s pretty busy but this has happened when school is out of session too.

I’ve never been inside a Chipotle, I always order thru Uber Eats and avoid the hassle.

I pass by Subway and go to Jersey Mikes. Plus I won't wait in line, just order online and pick it up. Easy peasy.

Back