Should i be worried about the supertech oil filter on my car?

I wanted to do the cheapest possible oil change as the previous oil looked neglected on my new purchase 94 ls400. I put on a st36104 (I think that's the number) on it. It's a supertech basic oil filter. I've been worrying about recently and am worrying so much I'm wanting to change it asap to a toyota oem denso. Are my worries illogical? I plan to run a 2k-3k oci on it... please reassure or tell me what's up. Thanks

I am pretty sure the Supertech ST is pretty much the standard Champ filter. Perfectly fine filter for a short OCI - likely as good as the Denso. I would run it for 3K OCI no problem.

Having said that, its probably cheaper to change it than consulting a therapist, so if it bothers you that much then sure - change it. You can change just the filter - just make sure to top up the oil per the dipstick after.

1693959149086.jpg

Nothing wrong with your filter. Btw I stopped using Toyota brand filters because they caused the timing chain to rattle when I start the car. The fram,super tech, Baldwin etc don't let it rattle. I took a Toyota filter off after it sat all night and it was completely empty .

The fram many people hate stated full.

Much higher filtration % compared to the oem filter. Something like 98% for 25 microns I think. Some call the oem one a rock catcher. Plus it's rated for 10k miles, the ST one.

Supertech's are a really good value/bargain filter, better than fram orange can. I stocked up with the Champion XL's for my fleet.

I wanted to do the cheapest possible oil change as the previous oil looked neglected on my new purchase 94 ls400. I put on a st36104 (I think that's the number) on it. It's a supertech basic oil filter. I've been worrying about recently and am worrying so much I'm wanting to change it asap to a toyota oem denso. Are my worries illogical? I plan to run a 2k-3k oci on it... please reassure or tell me what's up. Thanks
Nothing to worry about dude or dudette.....

Back