Shotgun ammo question

Could go with a pistol and use the "Glazer" type of ammo for apartment use.

I've been in the military and carried a pistol almost everyday for almost 45 years. Not trying to get too deep Not worried about the side walls. .

In a so so area and after a random door being kicked in across my hall and 2 floors up, I'm just trying to get info on shotgun loads in 20 ga. Pellet size vs effectiveness. I've heard a few police depts went to 4 buck and right back to 00. (cause it was not effective?)
Size vs Velocity> Here 10 #0 buck or 8 00 vs the Rio 200 FPS faster with 9 #1 buck. That's published and the kick seems to support that.

The door I spoke of- It took 4 kicks and woke me but I though it was the fools at the drug dealers 1 floor up so I didn't go out.
Far left 1/2 was the original 00. Medicine Ball- Middle right 9 Rio #1 buck-softball... and Far Right Sellier & Bellot 12 #2 buck Baseball

buck.jpeg

Last edited:
The new improved round is 10- 0 buck was tight (Maybe too tight?

These are all from about 17 feet. My bed to the door.

20 oo 2.jpg

Last edited:
I asked to send me some more REAL 00 and went out today
(The one above was sold as 00 but was only 0) and shot these today

Two shots. One neck One chest I don't know why it does not have the massive spread I posted above.
Round is 00. Now plated though. That's all I see

New 00.jpg

Last edited:
I did want to say thanks again to all.

I hate to move as I'm retired now and staying here affords me to travel and have spare cash. Most all other places now are double. It's not really that bad of an area. 2 blocks from the campus. We were just forced to take some section 8. Girls with baby's bring in drug dealers and it takes time to get them out. Laws seem to protect the guilty than the innocent.

It took 4 kicks upstairs to the metal framed door and I think I have 8 now as I've beefed mine up with a 2x4 block

D5727C0B-FF2B-4E48-B412-4E1010A1C2F3.jpeg

Last edited:
Analysis Paralysis. No one is going to shake off any of those loads. Pick one and stop worrying.

Originally Posted by userfriendly
I was thinking a load of #6 lead bird shot to the crotch.

Happy Father's Day.

That's what I have in my shotguns. The first 3 are #6, then it's buckshot.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
Originally Posted by userfriendly
I was thinking a load of #6 lead bird shot to the crotch.

Happy Father's Day.

That's what I have in my shotguns. The first 3 are #6, then it's buckshot.

Why? You want your best rounds to be at the front of the line.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
I'm not gonna blast someone with a buckshot in my house if I can help it.

I don't think anyone sane is advocating target practice with your shotgun inside the house. Knowing what to do if the moment comes when you can't help it is important to some people.

BSW

Back