Shop Talk - What are you guys saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to suggest a Glossary. I keep reading posts with every possible abbreviation known and mostly unknown. For a neophyte it's insider code. Can't join the club until you understand the language. Anybody else out there in oil land who would like to see what the !?!?! everyone is saying?

some type of glossary page is probably a good idea. autopia has "university" forum for new members, and a "glossary" of acronyms, of which there seem to be about 1 million.

very helpful for the new folk. of course, everyone here is already friendly and helpful as well!
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
There is a glossary on the main page here:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/oilglossary.html

If there are any others you want to know, just ask. We'll often mention UOA, that's used oil analysis, or VOA for virgin (new oil) oil analysis. OCI is oil change interval. PCMO is passenger car motor oil.

Thanks, I did find the "Standard Glossary" but there seems to be more acronyms all the time. Maybe an "Acronym Glossary"? What frustrates me is understanding all letters but one. I struggle and squirm up my face as I try to fill in the last letter, kinda like "Jeopardy", only single though, not double.

quote:

Originally posted by ALS:
It took me a week to figure out what "GC" stood for. I must have spent two hours one day
going through old posts looking for a hint.
lol.gif

Now you guys are just teasing me. "GC" whats that? I bet it's just nothing but you think I'll look and look for the meaning. Could be "go for coffee"

GC is short for German Castrol. It's the Castrol Syntec 0w30 which arrived in North America last year which is really rebottled Formula SLX from Germany.

It took me a week to figure out what "GC" stood for. I must have spent two hours one day
going through old posts looking for a hint.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back