Shaq is a gentleman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaq really is a decent guy. He just can not rap worht a darn
lol.gif

Props to Shaq... and they're one game away from knocking off the defending champion Pistons, too.

The thing that makes me sad is that we have to wait to the end of the season to see really competitive basketball, which is a joy to watch. Regular season, meh.

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:
Shaq really is a decent guy. He just can not rap worht a darn
lol.gif

nor move
nor shoot
nor act
nor flop convincingly
nor whine effectively

sorry, I still don't care for his game and am convinced he has changed the game for the worse.

Finesse? Style? nah, just get a blimp and park it under the basket on defense. Yeah, that's exciting....

Personally I don't know him so can't assume anything on his off-court personality altho the article certainly helps improve my overall opinion.

my point is that Shaq epitomizes the bad behavior (on court at least).

Worth? He is worth whatever someone is willing to pay and I begrudge him not for taking anything thrown his way. He's not as dumb as he looks.

and drew, you WOULD pick him up because he paid for a funeral?

To say that HE led the Lakers to championships is a bit of an exageration to say the least.

OK, he can be a decent person off court, great, I'm pleased as punch; now let's see some of his good behavior ON court for a change. No whining. No elbows.

I'd pick him up because he is a dominating basketball player. You obviously know more about basketball than me; I thought Shaq was supposed to be a bad *** at basketball. I know he can't free throw shoot worth a darn, but he puts the smack down everywhere else I thought.

quote:

and drew, you WOULD pick him up because he paid for a funeral?

Hey man,
I'm sorry I even brought it up now! Geez, you'd think I could compliment a guy about paying for a funeral of a guy he didn't even know, without the usual sports fanatics highjacking my post!
Don't you agree that when somebody does something good like this, we all need to give them credit?
Basketball is just a sport, but doing something good like this is far more important.....especially to George Mikan's family....don't ya think?

quote:

Originally posted by kenw:

To say that HE led the Lakers to championships is a bit of an exageration to say the least.

Props to Shaq!

I don't think the above is an exaggeration at all.
Just look at the Lakers Pre-Shaq and post-Shaq.

Post Shaq, even my most lontime Lakerfan buddies didn't watch games this season.

quote:

Originally posted by andrews:
Geez, you'd think I could compliment a guy about paying for a funeral of a guy he didn't even know, without the usual sports fanatics highjacking my post!

minor correction; they did know each other.

nice si article

i'm not a shaq-the-ball-player fan (or genie, or rapper), but he does seem like a good guy.

I know of a couple incidents where Shaq did some really amazing things for kids with cancer here in Utah. NONE of the local NBA players even came close to the generosity Shaq displayed.

FWIW I can't stand the NBA but I respect Shaq.

patriot.gif
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back