Seven pounds in seven weeks- any BITOGers up for the achievable challenge?

I should probably do this.. 165 would be closer to where I need to be. Curently cutting out sweets and sugar... and portion control. Mostly experimenting if my cholesterol drops with reduced sugars. At 265 now but it's heredity so might be futile.

Reactions: GON
Most gains are made by working out at the start of my weight lose about 8 years ago i could get threw the 3.5 mile It's 175 stair climb to start the walk in woods up down rocks ruts and so on. 2 years later I was at a run in shoes now to up the game it 9lbs 10inch boots it's a tough go but I don't stop we will be adding a weighted vest always looking to beat myself up more the attitude i can be better never stop gaining that was today's workout.
20230924_202956.jpg

I’d join, as I should, but isn’t a pound per week a bit aggressive? I could see the first five going fast, if one was eating really poorly and it was largely water loss and less stuff digesting in the tract.
Nah 1 pound per week isn't that much. I mean I was pretty heavy but last year I lost 100 pounds in 11 months, in the beginning there was a lot of 3 pound weeks.

BLUF- starting this Sunday 24 SEP 2023 I will weigh myself, with the goal of losing seven pounds in seven weeks and am seeing if others may want to join in the challenge.

I gained weight over the past six months. I have not weighed myself in six months, but I am confident I have never weighed more than I weigh today. I think seven pounds in seven weeks is a acheivable goal with simply changes in food intake, and physical activity. Seeing if other BITOGERs may want to join in the challenge.

I will be taking a picture of the scale this Sunday and will post a picture weekly of the scale. No need for others to post the scale picture, the picture keeps me motivated to see the hopeful change in weight.
I'm in!

Breakfast this morning hope everyone gives it their best. I will have this for entire duration. Change I made from the ones I've been posting for months I have dumped cheese on top of eggs it probably was adding 200 calories.
I do not snack ever at work this will be it till 11:30 lunch just black coffee.
2full eggs
200 grams eggs whites
114 grams avocado
20230925_045844.jpg

If I stopped drinking beer I could probably drop 15 right away. I also might pass on to the next life from lack of beer. :ROFLMAO:

Subscribed!

Hmm, 203.4 yesterday morning, 201.9 today. I guess you can lose weight that fast. :ROFLMAO: I kid, I kid.

Not sure I'm on-board for a pound a week, but what the heck, I'll give it a go. Not sure I'm giving up my carbs (not right after having a cider doughnut) but if I just cut out my evening snacking I should be on track.

loosing weight aka body fat + getting HEALTHY is the main goal. check out Dr Sten Ekburgs many vids for truthful IMO guide lines. different things work for different people + IMO mainstream medicine is usually NOT the way to as healthy people dont make $$$$ for them!! Good LUCK to all + NEVER give up!!

18F,

All I know is for the past six months my physical activity is down, and I have been making very poor eating choices. Years ago, I could eat poorly, because I was super physically active. I can tell I am in trouble and have a sense of urgency to "right the ship". If I don't right the ship, I think this will be my near future (see picture below).

Of note I turn 60 years old in less than a year and will be finding a new job. Nobody wants to hire an old guy but being in better physical shape/ appearance my help negate getting hired and being old.

View attachment 180268

You remind me of my dad when he hit middle age. He used to work a job that requires like 40F of stair climbing equivalent a day and he was about 5'11" 175lb. Then when he retired and quit smoking, he gained to about 190lb mainly in the belly. I don't think he had the desire to eat healthy or exercise, and instead always said he just wanted to eat what he couldn't when he was younger (he grew up in a famine).

Honestly I really don't care about weight but more about health, I wouldn't mind having a few lbs of muffin top or a bit of man boobs myself but it isn't the best for my physical as well as mental health. You already know about weight vs fat since you used to wrestle, so you know what you really should do. Maybe spend some of the car repair time in exercise? That's the easiest thing you can control.

I just realized I didn’t post my weigh in start yesterday.

Sep 24th 2023: 242lbs

Cheers to everyone making steps in the right direction!

Well its been 8.5 weeks now so I guess its time to update this thread.

Currently weighing 235lbs so I did meet the 7lbs, I was down to 232lbs a week ago or so but made some not so healthy choices that brought it up a few lbs. I've since been on track again for a few days now and will keep good habits until Xmas now.

I can go up and down as much as 4 to 5 pounds a day in the hot weather. I usually average around 205.
That's typical. If someone is tracking weight its important to weight consistently. I find first thing in the morning to make the most sense.

Back