Seven pounds in seven weeks- any BITOGers up for the achievable challenge?

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
BLUF- starting this Sunday 24 SEP 2023 I will weigh myself, with the goal of losing seven pounds in seven weeks and am seeing if others may want to join in the challenge.

I gained weight over the past six months. I have not weighed myself in six months, but I am confident I have never weighed more than I weigh today. I think seven pounds in seven weeks is a acheivable goal with simply changes in food intake, and physical activity. Seeing if other BITOGERs may want to join in the challenge.

I will be taking a picture of the scale this Sunday and will post a picture weekly of the scale. No need for others to post the scale picture, the picture keeps me motivated to see the hopeful change in weight.

I'm in!

Currently at a whopping 206lb and I'm 5'8. In 2015 I was 228, in 2021 I was 175. I've been on OMAD for 3 weeks now with little progress.

Let's do this!

Last edited:
Reactions: GON
I'm with you, pal.

FYI: July 2021, the doc said, "Cut the carbs". I did.
Bottom line: I panged for carbs constantly....lost almost 30 pounds (hurray for me).
It turned out to be almost exactly 1/2 pound loss per week.
Yes, this was over a year+.

You're on GON and others.
edit: PLEASE, no scraggly toes in scale shots.

ps I weigh myself after I void my bowels.

Last edited:
I am in. The best thing to do to lose weight is eat the same things you normally eat and only eat half. Half a sandwich, half the fries, half the soda etc. It's not that hard to do and it's all about lifestyles. If I lose 7 pounds that would put me exactly where I need to be. The only problem is my wife's brother is coming for pheasant hunting and he stays two weeks. My wife and I treat him like a king and we make some fabulous meals and it's really difficult to cut down when he is here so I will have to work hard on this to keep the weight off if I do lose it.

Can't do it. Doctor says I'm at the bottom of the healthy weight range for my height. Gain seven pounds in seven weeks would be the challenge for me.

• Helpful
If I lost 7 pounds they'd put me in the hospital with an IV drip and force feed me burgers. Probably not going to do that lol, but I wish you guys all the best in your mission!

I knew a guy who could lose 32 pounds in one sitting. :giggle:
Did he sit on one of these?

1695393110385.jpg

I’ve been on this journey since the spring. I started in February but didn’t get serious until the end of March. My doc said 1 pound per week or it’s too fast. I’m down 25 pounds and not noticing much in the way of cravings.

My doc and cardiologist both suggested to cut back on portions and your meal should be 50% vegetables, 25% protein and 25% starch/carbs, and eaten in that order. I find most meals anymore I don’t even take the carbs if my wife made any.

Just my $0.02

I wish I could but my diet is already restricted enough.

As for losing 32 pounds in one sitting that sounds like Hong Kong Phooey.

Back