Schaeffers in F150 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,new to the site. I purchased a used 2005 F150 4.6L with 20,000 mi and want to run Schaeffers 5-20 with Wix filter. Any problems with this combo and engine? Also anyone have any opinions/problems with a Fumoto valve? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Both Schaeffers and Wix are quality products which should serve you well. Motorcraft filters are also a great deal for FoMoCo products if you can stomach buying them at W___Mart.

I don't bother with Fumoto valves, but the people who use them seem to love 'em.

I have a fomoto valve on both cars and it's very handy. If you have to jack up the car anyways to get at the filter...why not make it a "no tool operation".

Now, on my Matrix... I can reach the oil filter from the above.

Soo...with my trusty Mityvac extractor it has become a "no crawl" operation.

Yahooo!
getdown.gif

Stay away from motorcraft filters for a bit. The seam where the pleats are joined are not glued correctly at the facotry. All 5 of my FL-820s have the problem and so did 2 FL-400's.

I have now swicthed over to wix. The filters look to be very high quality inside.

Hello, and
welcome.gif
to the site, siggydo.

I've used the Fumoto valve with no problems for over a year now. Quick, easy, and trouble-free.

I think you'll find the Schaeffer's/Wix combination will serve you well. I had the best UOA ever (for my car) using the Schaeffer's, and I had run it for a longer interval.

Thanks everyone, I went ahead and put in the Schaeffers with the Wix. Man that stuff is nice. I did note the motor sounded a bit quieter right off! I think I will install the Fumoto next change. Thanks again!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back