Scared to death (going back to school)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loobed,

Thanks for the pointers. I'll keep them in mind.

I had orientation on Monday and pre-registered for two summer (online) classes that are part of the RN degree plan, Psychology and....wait for it.....Music Appreciation. Orientation was informative and to the point, and my advisor was helpful. The Anatomy and Microbiology classes I wanted to take this summer weren't available online, so I'll have to take those on campus this fall.

Hopefully by the fall semester, I'll be back to the point where I once again feel comfortable in a college environment. After being out of school for nearly 20 years, just getting started again with this whole process has been a bit overwhelming. I'll get through it alright, though. I'm sure of that.

Quote:
4) There will be a lot of extremely stupid people in college; over half will not be able to speak, read, or write English. Now days the junior college is what High School used to be, or should be: An Associates Degree is like a High School diploma.

I agree that some lazy students are stupid and expect the teacher to pass them because they paid/enrolled for the class. Depending on what your Associate Degree is in, you could make a pretty decent wage. Ten years ago I was making slightly over $30 with a 2 year degree.

Web sites like Rate My Professors are wonderful for students who want a college professor that doesn't have mental issues. I had one female professor tell the class that she had 3 Masters Degrees. I felt like asking her if she was soooooo smart.... why are you teaching at such a Mickey Mouse college ?
21.gif

Why aren't you at Harvard, Princeton, Yale,....etc ????
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back